engine problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deanv6

I have a 1994 mustang v6 that i'm trying to sell. My mechanic told me that my engine is knocking and this might mean that I will have to replace the engine. My car also needs some body work done. I'm trying to limit the amount of money i put in to a car i want to be rid of, what should I do? Is there somewhere i can bring to to sell it for it's parts? Will i get any money this way? Is there a cheep way to get an engine i can swa :dunno: p? any ideas?

What can it be worth? $2-3k if its running? Trying to sell a 10 year old car that supposedly needs a motor will be tough. Sell it 'AS IS' or as a parts car. No idea what its worth - I would say half the price of a running 1994 mustang if the body and interior are in good shape. But avoid putting any GOOD money into a BAD car. Put your GOOD money towards a GOOD car.

if your engine is knocking, it can be because your running it with gasoline with a too low octane rating or it could be because it only needs a good cleaning off tons off carbon deposits in the combustion chamber(on the top off the piston or on the head). maybe it only needs a little tune up to get back into shape, you don't need to get stressed about it needing a brand new powerplant. you just need to fix it before serious knocking make your spark plugs melt and damage your pistons beyond repair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back