Ls/v-tec

Status
Not open for further replies.

speed racer

Legacy Member
Ok i have heard alot of good things about this Ls/vtec setup, i just have a few questions that hopefully can be answered. how much hp and torque does it have? what year Ls and what year v-tec head? how much am i looking at to buy these? what other mods do i have to do to get it to run rigth and be reliable? would it be rigth to put it in a 1990 teg or ami wasting my time? if u can answer these questions it would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Yur not wasting yur time trust me if u can get it to work properly yur in buisness i got a frank engine n yes its sent me to hell n back a few times caused me more pain than a cheatin' girlfriend lol n suck all the money out or my wallet but its really worth cuz the power is awseome but plz replace does weak ass ls pistons yul be going nowhere wit those get sum pr3 or p73 to bump the compression n get a good intake manifold( skunk2 is wut i got) oh n be ready to screw around wit yur setup for a while to work al the gremlins out of it its not an easy setup to built or to maintain for that matter n it gets expenseive in a hurry but for every dollar u put in it it will reward u 10 fold but there are many other things to change/worry about/stress over than just what i told u so do a search or hit the net n find sum info it can be tricky to find the right setup , im at the end of the tunnel now n trust me especially in a crx is gets u moving in a hurry!! peace out

get a b16a head/any b18a/b block oil line kit bi8c oil pump n for hp it reallly depends on the setup in my case nearly 200 hp -stock lsvtec- wit intake mainfold pistons n a fe other how nows

Frankenstein Crx said:
Yur not wasting yur time trust me if u can get it to work properly yur in buisness i got a frank engine n yes its sent me to hell n back a few times caused me more pain than a cheatin' girlfriend lol n suck all the money out or my wallet but its really worth cuz the power is awseome but plz replace does weak ass ls pistons yul be going nowhere wit those get sum pr3 or p73 to bump the compression n get a good intake manifold( skunk2 is wut i got) oh n be ready to screw around wit yur setup for a while to work al the gremlins out of it its not an easy setup to built or to maintain for that matter n it gets expenseive in a hurry but for every dollar u put in it it will reward u 10 fold but there are many other things to change/worry about/stress over than just what i told u so do a search or hit the net n find sum info it can be tricky to find the right setup , im at the end of the tunnel now n trust me especially in a crx is gets u moving in a hurry!! peace out

get a b16a head/any b18a/b block oil line kit bi8c oil pump n for hp it reallly depends on the setup in my case nearly 200 hp -stock lsvtec- wit intake mainfold pistons n a fe other how nows

how much more hp you get if you change the ls piston for sir piston? :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back