Chromage??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBlackCobra

Legacy Member
Where can I get a roll cage chromed. I have the cage, just need it chromed. Need names, numbers, prices ...etc. ANything you guys got I'll take.

Thanks to all.

I'm also interested in chroming some small pcs. Any other sudgestions?
A phone number would be helpfull as well...

Thanks Buick... Are those guys located in or around Montreal?

I was also thinking about stopping by Northern Thunder on Marcel Laurin. They build custom chopper frames and I suppose they know where to go for chroming. We'll see.

yeah i hear that they were good but that they were pretty expensive. Actually the guy i know comes down to montreal from time to time.....

for now i coan give you anything else, but i'll try and dig up his phone # and all of that as soon as poissible. *tu*

a buddy of mines does chroming for me at half the price of what GG Placage charges. But your pieces must be very clean and smooth for best results cause he does it during his lunch period.

OK it's your car and I don't want to bash your tastes but IMO a roll cage in a convertible looks bad enough already, getting it chromed will make it even worse. Also your car is black so the chrome cage will stand out like a giant ... ummm ... chrome cage hahaha. And if you do a cheapie chrome job (no brass + nickel plating & polishing) it'll look really cheesy.

PS a roll cage on the street is REALLY dangerous. I'd never drive in a car with an unpadded cage without a helmet on. If you get t-boned or roll and your head hits a tube you're as good as dead. Modern car interiors are made out of thick, crushable plastic pieces for a reason. Are you sure it's not just a 4-point roll BAR (i.e. no tubes going forward of the doors)?

One thing I've seen that looked good : a guy got his cage painted the same color as his interior then went to see an upholsterer (or a boat roof maker) and got some zip-on tube covers made out of fabric or leather to match his interior that act as padding too.

But like I said, it's your car so feel free to do it up in chrome or whatever

hmm...interesting. I like positive critisism. Honestly though, I'd feel much safer with a 4-point bar than nothing at all. As for the uphaulstery, I'll just get some thick padding. I'll start a poll and see what people think, but I was always leaning on the "black",not chrome, side.

jai touver sa a laval !!!!

text_contact.gif

i can do it in black chrome or any other color chrome to match whatever you want!!
Edgar 613-880-0727
Ottawa Ontario

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back