engine swap

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinT

i have a 91 si civic and my engine is finished so iam getting a 1998 si vtec now i know i need the wiring harness but some guys are telling me i need wiring from the front to the back for the gas and brake lights and that crap can some one really tell me what i need????? please pm me thank you *banghead*

Forget that D16 VTEC, get a old ZC from your year, has DOHC and none of that VTEC nightmare to install....Probably cheaper too !!!

i am in the same situation..i want to put a D15B jdm si vtec motor in my 91 hatch...
from the research i have done it is not that hard but it would be nice to know if someone else has done it...Here is what i got"http://hybrid2.honda-perf.org/tech/sohcvtec.html

You need the motor from 92-95 SI use your distributer and drill the holes bigger to fit...you will not have any timing adjustments just stock..-use 89-91 tranny..and there is the coolant sensor on the backyou have to plug in instead of the front on the SI...then to run vtec you buy a MSD timing controller..The reason i do'nt want to run DOHC ZC is the parts list to replace things..its a nightmare.any ways if you find out more info let me know..use the link above and read it...some good info there..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back