Best bang for the bucks tires ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fORTY2nSick

Legacy Member
Guys, I dont know shit in tire ( wow, i'm working for costco in the center tire departement , go figure )

I just bought a civic 04, and planning some minor mods , witch tire are the best bang for the bucks, on a set of mags, 17", i want them not low profile, but not huge... 205 35-40 - 17... what does that look like on a mags ?

and witch brand / models are good for a season.

Falken Azenis are great value, they have different models depending on how much you wanna pay !

federal tires
as long as you have a camber kit and alignment and do you rotations

wife is on second summer
they are sticky and great in wet !!

Excellent deal, K104 Hankook 205-40ZR17
Great on water, handles, does not wear very fast (less than azenis and FK-451) easily do 1-2 seasons on the same set depending on your driving skills. Used by the Trac Racing Race Cars as a set of rain or dry tires. Call Trac

kineso said:
Excellent deal, K104 Hankook 205-40ZR17
Great on water, handles, does not wear very fast (less than azenis and FK-451) easily do 1-2 seasons on the same set depending on your driving skills. Used by the Trac Racing Race Cars as a set of rain or dry tires. Call Trac
Good call Max, I didn't know you're a mr.com user
Will see you soon!

fORTY2nSick said:
Guys, I dont know shit in tire ( wow, i'm working for costco in the center tire departement , go figure ).

...funny, I work at Costco too (in Pointe-Claire)......I bought BF Goodrich Traction T/A there in 245/45R17 (H rated) for my car and they are very good.......Why don't you check there before checking anywhere else......Ask the guys that works with you, they have to know what is the best buy for the buck ;)

for a new civic what works best is a 215 40R17 doesn't cause any rubbing unless you lower more than 2". With a civic though if you wanna lower it you NEED a front camber kit otherwise the handling dynamics of the car go to crap and the tires wear down mighty quick.

my suggestion is to get somthing with a high tread rating so you dont have to replace them fast. I got Hankook h405's they are cheap and they are great for my needs. If you have major traction issues get somthing a with a little more grip
www.tirerack.com

fORTY2nSick said:
Guys, I dont know shit in tire ( wow, i'm working for costco in the center tire departement , go figure )

I just bought a civic 04, and planning some minor mods , witch tire are the best bang for the bucks, on a set of mags, 17", i want them not low profile, but not huge... 205 35-40 - 17... what does that look like on a mags ?

and witch brand / models are good for a season.

If you don't want low profile 35's is not the way to go!!!
if you don't want low profile but not too big look into 45's
the majority of the cars on the street with 17inch rims are 40's (so you can get an idea)

I have Toyo T1-S and I love them, they grip like crazzy, the only thing is if you drive hard they wont last longer then 2 summers.

XxJDMCivicxX said:
Overkill for a stockish civic lol. Parada's aren't bad neither are AVS ES 100's for the price.

Parada = mad road noise cause of the thread

yokohama AVS ES 100 = insane cornering..trust me i have them in 225-40-18..there as good as glue..love them..hehe

yokohama A520 = good tire's but there like an eraser..gone in no time!

kumho = they are what you pay for..good for the price but no advantage above that!

Asmodeus said:
If you don't drive like you stole it, try Falken 512.

I have those on my car and on the St-Eustache thuesday night they stick as much as my T1-S I used to! But when there's a lot of water on the street like last week I'm aquaplanning it's not even funy *banghead*

They got good threadwear and are good in curves.

I also have some Nankang NS-2 tires and I liked them but didn't have time to try them in the rain *banghead*

Just bought a set of Dunlop FM-901 and their pretty good except on the wet. Had Falken Ziek ZE-512 before...worst tires I ever got, great look and good price but bad grip and bad wear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back