My car will not run

Status
Not open for further replies.

prizefighter29

ok so my pulsar doesnt' want to run.
basically, the car starts, and is driveable for about 2-3 minutes before it starts studdering and then dies out. i am 90% sure it has something to do with the distribution of gas into the engine.

the following are possiblilites that have been ruled out:

1. crack in the distributor cap (can't be this, i just changed it and the same problem persists)

2. problem with the gas filter (just put a new one on and it changed almost nothing, it runs a bit longer now but it still has the same problem)

3. i also poured plenty of that ethanol shit that eats up water in your tank into the tank and it hasn't changed anything. however, i'm debating whether i should drain the entire tank, and then fill it up again and see what happens (because i have a feeling there is some shit in my tank).

anyways, let me know what you think. i need to get this car running again ASAP.

thanks
Justin

nah it's only a couple months old, and the juice is fine. i mean it's not an electrical problem because you can hear the ignition trying, it's a matter of gas distribution to the motor...

- fuel pump is too weak

- Vapour lock? Are any fuel lines close to a source of heat?

- Fuel pressure regulator?

Basically start at the fuel pump and work your way forward.

BlueDSM said:
- fuel pump is too weak

- Vapour lock? Are any fuel lines close to a source of heat?

- Fuel pressure regulator?

Basically start at the fuel pump and work your way forward.

thanks man *tu*

when you find ou what the problem do you mind posting, i have a pular also(on blocks) and it would help if this ever happened to my car

does it smell like gas??
disconnect the fuel line going to the fuel rail , or any iother line supplying gas from the tank and crank the engine, see if there is a steady stream of gas, if yes, check your plugs, are they black??? or wet?? smell like gas???
once youve done all that, let us know

Nader

beckme said:
does it smell like gas??
disconnect the fuel line going to the fuel rail , or any iother line supplying gas from the tank and crank the engine, see if there is a steady stream of gas, if yes, check your plugs, are they black??? or wet?? smell like gas???
once youve done all that, let us know

Nader

i'll do that right now and let you know, thanks man

off-technical question, I've seen this done before.

does your fuel tank opening (dammit I cant think of the name) open by hand? meaning can someone open your gas tank without hitting a switch inside?

someone (as a cruel joke/whatever) could have dropped a ping-pong ball into there. after running a few min it gets sucked down to the fuel pump outlet and blocks off the fuel. spperantly if you take it to the garage for this they spend a few hours looking for the problem nd charge you an arm and a leg for "troubleshooting time"

I don't think this is the reason, I'm pretty sure it's something nader or bluedsm posted, but it's something to keep in mind.

Cryptkeeper said:
off-technical question, I've seen this done before.

does your fuel tank opening (dammit I cant think of the name) open by hand? meaning can someone open your gas tank without hitting a switch inside?

someone (as a cruel joke/whatever) could have dropped a ping-pong ball into there. after running a few min it gets sucked down to the fuel pump outlet and blocks off the fuel. spperantly if you take it to the garage for this they spend a few hours looking for the problem nd charge you an arm and a leg for "troubleshooting time"

I don't think this is the reason, I'm pretty sure it's something nader or bluedsm posted, but it's something to keep in mind.

Ahhhh.....Another CSI fan :bigup:

I forgot something else...

How's your oil level? Some cars have oil pressure switches that cut off gas if your oil pressure is too low..

BlueDSM said:

How's your oil level? Some cars have oil pressure switches that cut off gas if your oil pressure is too low..

hehe actually i have never seen the show ;) I read about it in a doc on the net somewhere, and then saw it done on a friends car. I dunno how he got it out though :p

BlueDSM said:

oil level is good. **** i don't know what the hell is wrong.

i want to take it to the garage for an estimate but i won't even get all the way down the street before it stalls again..........

did you even bother doing what i told you to do??? instead of wasting your time chit chatting with cryptkeeper :)

Nader

When it stalls, disconnect the fuel supply line and see if there is fuel comming out. Then you'll know if you have to look in the engine or in the fuel line/gas thank...

beckme said:
did you even bother doing what i told you to do??? instead of wasting your time chit chatting with cryptkeeper :)

Nader

Glad to know I'm such a waste of time.
FYI chit-chatting involves the process of acknowledging the other's comments, of which justin didn't do. so ha can't be chit-chatting with me, now can he?
shove that up your ass and smoke it. :bigup:

most cars have a silver mesh type filter to stop debri from entering the gas tank through the filler hole
(also stops someone from inserting a pipe to syphon your gas)

but maybe not all have them.

Cryptkeeper said:
Glad to know I'm such a waste of time.
FYI chit-chatting involves the process of acknowledging the other's comments, of which justin didn't do. so ha can't be chit-chatting with me, now can he?
shove that up your ass and smoke it. :bigup:

chit chat!!

:)

Nader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back