Swap d'une tête de K20A2 sur un K20A3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enwoye_décole

Salut les tuners. :)

J’ai une question mécanique pour vous car je n’y connais pas grand chose en mécanique.

Si je prend la tête de moteur d’un K20A2 (le moteur d’une RSX Type S) et que je l’installe (swaping) à la place de la tête d’un moteur K20A3 (le moteur de la RSX base et Premium), est-ce que j’obtiens un moteur qui performe sensiblement comme un K20A2 (RPM élevé et 40 HP de plus) ou est-ce qu’il y plein d’autres choses de différentes sur un K20A2 ? Question importante car si je peux faire cela avec de très bon résultats je vais attendre pour acheter les headers car les 2 moteurs ont des modèles légèrement différents, du moins les numéros de pièces sont différents.

Avec les upgrades que je veux faire (CAI, DC Headers, Exhaust line Magnaflow, Jackson Racing supercharger, Hondata reflash) je pourrais théoriquement amener un K20A3 à près de 225 HP aux roues alors que les mêmes upgrades sur un K20A2 donneraient théoriquement près de 300 HP aux roues, ce qui est une très grande différence…

Merci de vos réponses (en français or in English) éclairées.

Nancy :)

Last edited:
Enwoye_décole said:
Salut les tuners. :)

J’ai une question mécanique pour vous car je n’y connais pas grand chose en mécanique.

Si je prend la tête de moteur d’un K20A2 (le moteur d’une RSX Type S) et que je l’installe (swaping) à la place de la tête d’un moteur K20A3 (le moteur de la RSX base et Premium), est-ce que j’obtiens un moteur qui performe sensiblement comme un K20A2 (RPM élevé et 40 HP de plus) ou est-ce qu’il y plein d’autres choses de différentes sur un K20A2 ? Question importante car si je peux faire cela avec de très bon résultats je vais attendre pour acheter les headers car les 2 moteurs ont des modèles légèrement différents, du moins les numéros de pièces sont différents.

Avec les upgrades que je veux faire (CAI, DC Headers, Exhaust line Magnaflow, Jackson Racing supercharger, Hondata reflash) je pourrais théoriquement amener un K20A3 à près de 225 HP aux roues alors que les mêmes upgrades sur un K20A2 donneraient théoriquement près de 300 HP aux roues, ce qui est une très grande différence…

Merci de vos réponses (en français or in English) éclairées.

Nancy :)

the head is the most important part, however you have to be sure that you get the ECU to go along with it. You dont want your VTEC to be going off at 2200rpm *banghead*

other then that, yes the exhaust system is different, including the exhaust manifold. The intake manifold, throttle body are also different. The internals of the engine are close to the same, you dont have to worry about it that much, you wont be blowing up the bottom end using the stock redline (unless you go for a hondata #4 with 8600 rpm, in that case i wouldnt recommend the stock rods). However the pistons are lower compression. Oilpan (stamped steal vs. cast aluminum w/ tranny support built in), transmission, lack of oil cooler, injectors (270cc instead of 310cc), and possibly a few other little things that i cant really think of right now.

overall, its not a bad idea, with just the headswap and ECU you can expect 15-20hp (at the crank). If you bump the compression and upgrade the intake/exhaust system, expect similar power to the type S.

if you have any specific questions, i will be happy to help you out!

EDIT: i didnt read that last bit until now, but if you upgrade the exhaust and header get type S piece for both, it should all fit like if it was bolting to a type S. As for the jackson racing supercharger, the higher compression of the type S has alot to do with the increase in power!

NickZed20 said:
the head is the most important part, however you have to be sure that you get the ECU to go along with it. You dont want your VTEC to be going off at 2200rpm *banghead*

other then that, yes the exhaust system is different, including the exhaust manifold. The intake manifold, throttle body are also different. The internals of the engine are close to the same, you dont have to worry about it that much, you wont be blowing up the bottom end using the stock redline (unless you go for a hondata #4 with 8600 rpm, in that case i wouldnt recommend the stock rods). However the pistons are lower compression. Oilpan (stamped steal vs. cast aluminum w/ tranny support built in), transmission, lack of oil cooler, injectors (270cc instead of 310cc), and possibly a few other little things that i cant really think of right now.

overall, its not a bad idea, with just the headswap and ECU you can expect 15-20hp (at the crank). If you bump the compression and upgrade the intake/exhaust system, expect similar power to the type S.

if you have any specific questions, i will be happy to help you out!

EDIT: i didnt read that last bit until now, but if you upgrade the exhaust and header get type S piece for both, it should all fit like if it was bolting to a type S. As for the jackson racing supercharger, the higher compression of the type S has alot to do with the increase in power!

Great thanks to you man, you details everything, you know of what you talking. :bigup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back