No Parking VS No Stopping ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhantomS4

Is there any difference between No Parking and No Stopping ??

I've recieved tickets in the past for "parking where signs prohibit parking".
These tickets were issued by my city security. And they were $27 each.

I recently recieved a new ticket for parking in the same place at the same time.
But this time the ticket was issued by the police for "stopping at a place where parking is prohibited". This ticket is for $52.

So is there a difference between parking and stopping a R.V. ??

La différence entre pas de parking et pas de stop c'est que tu px avoir un tiquet pour stopping même si t'es dans le char.. Mais pour la différence de prix j'ai po d'explication plausible a part l'inflation!!:p Entk moi j'ai jamais eu de ticket de parking en bas de 50$...

Hey if you see a rent-a-cop walking up to the car with a ticket book, just throw her in 1st and let the clutch out... If you feel particularly daring, advance forward or rearward, stop, let him get up to you, move forward some more...

No parking: as long as you stay in the car your are allowed to stop there (ie. parking meter)

No stopping: even while staying in the car you are not allowed to stop there (ie. bus stop)

Yes there is a difference.

The good ole thing that I always like is that they have to put the ticket on your vehicle to apply it... So if the cop comes up or security, just move the vehicle, of if your stopped just drive off.

my definition

Park = car is off, driver is out
Stop = car stopped, but ready to run right away. Driver inside.

The good ole thing that I always like is that they have to put the ticket on your vehicle to apply it... So if the cop comes up or security, just move the vehicle, of if your stopped just drive off.

And whats stopping the cop from just mailing it to you?

No parking: as long as you stay in the car your are allowed to stop there (ie. parking meter)

No stopping: even while staying in the car you are not allowed to stop there (ie. bus stop)

That's the good definition!

When they got your plate number, you'll receive a ticket. Never try to be smarter than a cop. Laws aren't such objective.

thats the thing...

he gave me a ticket for "stopping my vehicle" but I was already parked there since the night before.

I didnt stop there. I was already parked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back