What is the law on exhausts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

320Power

I apologize if this question has been asked many times already, but alot of the answers i see are in French, and my french isnt too strong.

Quick story:
I got pulled over today (very suspiciously) and asked to prove that i owned my vehicle. After doing so, i was told that my exhaust was illegal and has to be changed. He gave me a warning.
I asked him why it was illegal.
He said "Its too loud"

I have a Remus exhaust that is not even very loud, and its not just your run-of-the mill exhaust you buy for 75$ at Canadian Tire.

So, what exactly is the law on exhausts? Just because mine is a little louder than average, does that automatically make it illegal? If i dont change it, will i be able to fight a ticket if he ever gives me one?:dunno:

Thanks!

i think its ur not allowed to have an exhaust louder than what your car is stock

thats right, you can have a 6 inch mega bomb extra xxplosive sound can but youre not allowed to make more decibel than the original one

of course this make 98% of all aftermarket exsausts (yes the cheap ct ones too) illegal. like everyone has the money for oem equip lol...

yay quebec! *tu*

Go see my FAQ sticky and read section rules please. Topic discussed more times than any other subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back