muc on the highway?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, police officers have the right to give out tickets on the highway if it's on their territory, not only SQ

Maybe in some areas, but for sure in MTL the MUC has the power to stop people on the HWY.

I think it's relativly new like a couples of years. All places where muc have authorities they can pull you over for a thikets on the highway. I thinks it's been made in the same row than the one that says only one towing company for the highway and u can't change ur flat tires on the side of the road

yep, police officers have the right to give out tickets on the highway if it's on their territory, not only SQ

I'm not sure about that, i'm was under the assumption that highways were considered as SQ terirtory, just last week I purposely zipped by a an MUC cruiser @ 130km/h on highway 40 going est-bound, while all other cars were relentlessly following at the navigation speed of the popomobile.

dont' you just hate it when cops drive at the speed limit on a large boulevard's? like rene-levesque or sources, or taschereau.... it's like: "pass me and i'll pin you"!
it's a display of the most un-matching parade of vehicles...

they can give out a ticket, as long as they send over the information to the SQ.

before, they weren't allowed to do anything, but they changed it about 2-3 years ago..

muc doesnt have jurisdication on the highway thats why the SQ is there but if the offence was committed off the highway and they had to go get you on the highway then they can pull you over that was quoted to be by a friend who is a police officer in pierrefonds

dont' you just hate it when cops drive at the speed limit on a large boulevard's? like rene-levesque or sources, or taschereau.... it's like: "pass me and i'll pin you"!
it's a display of the most un-matching parade of vehicles...

that is why there is a "Speed Limit".. it means that is the MAX speed that you can drive at on that street... if you cannot obey simple Speed limit speeds, then you shouldn't drive..

Why is it a display of "pass me and I'll pin you"..
The officer isn't doing anything wrong.. for fu(l< sakes, he's driving the speed limit allowed.. if you want to go faster, it's your choice.. just don't come crying here cause the popo gave you a ticket for speeding...

:run: *blah*

that is why there is a "Speed Limit".. it means that is the MAX speed that you can drive at on that street... if you cannot obey simple Speed limit speeds, then you shouldn't drive..

The officer isn't doing anything wrong.. for fu(l< sakes, he's driving the speed limit allowed.. if you want to go faster, it's your choice.. just don't come crying here cause the popo gave you a ticket for speeding...

So you never went 1 km/h over the speed limit, regardless of driving conditions? *bsflag*

let me clarify, speed limit is 70, donut muncher in the cruiser is doing 70, i obviously don't know what's going on in sgt. tim hortons' mind but has it ever occured to you or anyone else that dumbass is doing it on purpose? I've seen it on decarie south bound from top to bottom. it's a pure display of arrogance, cops are only good for 2 things; handing out tickets and acting as chaperones at parades...lol

don't mean to hijack this thread, but fot fu(l<'s sakes drive at a reasonable SAFE speed over the speedlimit ya panzies! just cause you're wearing a blue jump suit and driving a supercharged taxi, doesn't make you any different to when you're putting around in your geo metro doing 100 on decarie during your time off.

Municipal police officers can give tickets on the Highway if the route passes through their territory.

let me clarify, speed limit is 70, donut muncher in the cruiser is doing 70, i obviously don't know what's going on in sgt. tim hortons' mind but has it ever occured to you or anyone else that dumbass is doing it on purpose? I've seen it on decarie south bound from top to bottom. it's a pure display of arrogance, cops are only good for 2 things; handing out tickets and acting as chaperones at parades...lol

You're nuts. If the cop was speeding, you have a legitimate right to complain that he is acting above the law. How can the limit be enforced by him when he himself does not follow the law? This would be like a cop who robs liquor stores...

Police officer should drive at the speed limit, always, unless of course there is an emergency.

You're nuts. If the cop was speeding, you have a legitimate right to complain that he is acting above the law. How can the limit be enforced by him when he himself does not follow the law? This would be like a cop who robs liquor stores...

Police officer should drive at the speed limit, always, unless of course there is an emergency.

do people not got to school these days? or is it simply a pure display of mental retardation?

if youSmaartAasSaab know how to read i was (asides from the doughnut connotations) trying to demonstrate the point where a cop is driving on at the exact posted speed limit, for example:

ZONE=70km/h CRUISER DRIVING= 70km/h *tu* got it?

Hence if you pass him/her, they can legitimately hand you a ticket. And my question to MR members, was doesn’t that just annoy you?!:rolleyes:

do people not got to school these days? or is it simply a pure display of mental retardation?

if youSmaartAasSaab know how to read i was (asides from the doughnut connotations) trying to demonstrate the point where a cop is driving on at the exact posted speed limit, for example:

ZONE=70km/h CRUISER DRIVING= 70km/h *tu* got it?

Hence if you pass him/her, they can legitimately hand you a ticket. And my question to MR members, was doesn’t that just annoy you?!:rolleyes:

Of course. And - 70 is the max speed on the road. If the cop goes more than 70, that means he thinks the limit is bullshit. Which, it usually is.

I've seen them go 90 in a 100 zone and everybody is afraid to pass them, perhaps that is a "show", but if he is doing the maximum he can do legally, what is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back