Question about tinted windows ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuds

So the popo's were out on St-Catherine today, pulling people over, one after the other for tinted windows and other things... I know my front windows are at 30%, so I'm guilty, no doubt about it. But I asked if I could get a 48hr and the cop refused. My question is: if within 48hrs (tomorrow), I go remove the tint and get it inspected, can the ticket be deleted, or will I win in court if I contest?

he gave you a ticket without measuring with a photometer? then this is not a valid procedure, the cop has 2 options

1) send you to the inspection to get the tint verified (72h)
2) give you a ticket if he can verify it himself with a photometer

he gave you a ticket without measuring with a photometer? then this is not a valid procedure, the cop has 2 options

1) send you to the inspection to get the tint verified (72h)
2) give you a ticket if he can verify it himself with a photometer

He did verify it with a photometer, and even showed it to me. I'm just curious to know, if I have it changed tomorrow, and go to the cop station, can they delete the ticket?

That's what I thought... Got the same answer from the shop that did the tint. Ah well *td*

was there 30% light passing(70% tint) or are the windows tinted at 30%(70% light passing through)?

a cop stoped me today and gave me the 48 hours for the inspection...since they didn't give me a ticket, can I get the tints removed then go for the inspection? what will happen if I try this?
(if I remove the tints, i'll probably wait a few weeks after the inspection to put them back on) has anyone tried this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back