Contesting article 258 CSR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridin LO

Legacy Member
Heads-up Contesting article 258 CSR

I had received 3 tickets for article 258 of the CSR several years ago; 1 2003 and 2 in 2004. I decided to contest all 3 when i received thinking that the cops had nothing on me and I would win no problem. Well i went to court in March 2006 and presented my case and was acquitted. I then went to court November 2006 and I was also acquitted and today i went to court and took an arrangement with the prosecutor. Here is why i decided to take an arrangement this time around:

The prosecutor asked me to come into an office to speak with him. I get into the office and there is a sergeant Barbeau of the MPD sitting there. they explain the situation to me and what arguments they are going to fight in court and give me the option of paying 148$ without having to present the case. I then give them my arguments and ask them what proof they have against me personnaly. The Sergeant Barbeau is a qualified expert in the case of exhaust systems and brings out valid arguments which make sense and also explains to me that they are not looking to fight the case by debating the decibel level but more the components themselves. The document I had was helpfull more with sound then components and on top of that they new about the document and were quick to discard it.

All this to say that they are now very prepared and have arguments that make it so I didn't stand a chance in front of the juge. My argument regarding components were not strong enough to acquit me. If you guys plan on fighting in court a ticket on article 258 which was not given to you because of the high decibel level i suggest you pay for it and stop there. They are becoming more and more prepared for these kinds of cases and are taking all mesures necessary.

I would like to say that both the prosecutor and Sergeant Barbeau were very nice and not trying to use scrare tactics hoping I will fold. Professional and they explained the situation very well and left it up to me.

I will be paying the bare minimum of the ticket which is 110$ and i have 3 months to do so. For once good job to the Montreal court and police force.

Good luck to all who contest and Happy Holidays

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back