Reduced speed ahead; does it need to be indicated?

Status
Not open for further replies.

boboche

I got a speeding ticket on rte 341 in l'Assomption. I was going 106 in a 70 zone. Thing is, that road is 90km/h and it goes down to 70 at some point. The cop was about 200 ft. behind the 70km/h sign.

It was at night and I was about to slow down when I saw him turn his lights on... can I go to court with this and get the ticket reduced???

so were you doing 106 in the 90 or 70 zone?
Usually reduced speed zones ( i.e. contruction zones) are marked... how else are you suppose dto know it's a reduced speed zone ?

:dunno:

You should be able to slow down eitherway when doing the proper speed limit by the time you see the sign. If you didn't see the speed limit sign then you were paying attention and deserved the ticket.
You were 16km/h over the 90km/h zone in the first place. So you were 36km/h over the 70 zone.

Just pay the ticket and quit complaining. It's part of speeding you pay the price when you get nailed. I have 600$ in speeding tickets.

You should be able to slow down eitherway when doing the proper speed limit by the time you see the sign. If you didn't see the speed limit sign then you were paying attention and deserved the ticket.
You were 16km/h over the 90km/h zone in the first place. So you were 36km/h over the 70 zone.

Just pay the ticket and quit complaining. It's part of speeding you pay the price when you get nailed. I have 600$ in speeding tickets.

The idea is to contest everything to bring down the "monster" as it is. Civic duty:D

People don't realize it's a waist of time to contest it. Considering if you were in the wrong it's easier just to pay it instead of going to court wasting time then paying more for the court fee's.

The road changes speed limit for about 1km, then returns to 90.
The change in speed limit is clearly posted.

I really don't know what you could do.

Advantages Of Contesting

Just go contest it man. This ticket thing is a business for the government. They have very low speed limits at many places so that they can get more money.

According to a research, if only 2% more of the people who get ticket start contesting them, it will crash the judicial system related to traffic code. AND THEN COPS WILL GIVE LESSER TICKETS EVERYWHERE.

Even if you dont have a chance to win you can always change your plea in court (for $30 i think, max $45). But even in that you have 2 benefits:
1- You dont have to pay or loose points now. Which means atleast your insurance wont go up this year (see you save more than the $30 you will pay to change your plea). The court process will take good 8-11 months, and you can always make an excuse for atleast one time (gives you 2-3 more months)
2- When you go to court, negotiate with the procecution that you will change your plea to 'guilty' if they reduce the fine or take off some of the points. They might do it and they might not do it. Its a 50-50 chance (depends on the procecutor). Anyways even if he says no, you can still plead guilty (around $30) (unless you think you can win)

je me demande si la limite de vitesse sapplique a partir du poteau...

exemple: zone 90 tombe a 70, est ce que le 70 est appliquable a partir du panneau 70 ou genre une centaine de pieds avant (a partir du moment ou tu le vois)

je me demande si la limite de vitesse sapplique a partir du poteau...

exemple: zone 90 tombe a 70, est ce que le 70 est appliquable a partir du panneau 70 ou genre une centaine de pieds avant (a partir du moment ou tu le vois)

À partir du poteau. C'est la même chose pour quand tu entres dans une zone écolière.. t'as pas un demi kilomètre pour dropper ta vitesse, faut qu'en entrant dans la zone, tu sois à 30.

À partir du poteau. C'est la même chose pour quand tu entres dans une zone écolière.. t'as pas un demi kilomètre pour dropper ta vitesse, faut qu'en entrant dans la zone, tu sois à 30.

toutes les zones ecolieres ont une limite de vitesse de 50 km/h a moin d etre indique autrement. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back