Penalty for DUI???

Status
Not open for further replies.

73vette

Legacy Member
Hey Guys, a buddy of mine got nailed for DUI.

Can someone tell me what happens if he pleads guilty. I think he loses his liscense for 1yr, but is there a fine that he has to pay as well? Will he have to take his driving lessons all over again after the 1 year suspension? What are the details?

Does Anyone know if Emile Benamar has gotten alot of people off of DUI charges?

thanks for the info

I think your car gets impounded a little while so you have to pay for that as well. I don't know the actual fines but once you finally get your licence you have to pay for the rental and installation of the breathalizer (sp?) that they put in your car.

u ether get to chose to lose it for 2 or 3 years i forget without a breathalizer

and if u want a breathalizer installed which i think is almost 3000$ then he loses it for 1 year.

ça coûte moins cher d'accepter ses tords et plaider coupable que de payer un avocat et un techniciens.

No he has a silver M3

Does anybody know for a fact what the penalties are? I dont think you lose your liscence for more than 1 yr. an within that yr you can choose to have the breathalizer machine put into your car after months, but I'm not sure. Doesanybody know what the law is?

If it's his first offence he will have it back in 3 months, You can read up on it on the SAAQ Website if I am not mistaken.

my buddy got pulled over for it along time ago, what im saying is true, without breathalizer i forgot howlong but its ether 2 or 3 years ( my buddy chose that and its been a while and still has no license) or chose to get the breathalizer installed after a year, lose it for a year, and it cost alot to get it installed.

and a dui will not be 3 months lol, dui is a bad thing, its not like going 130 on the autoroute, they dont take likely to it.

You lose your liscence for 1 year.

You don't need to retake any tests, well "driving" tests. After 3 months you can apply for a restricted liscence (ie with a breathaliser in car, at the cost of $90/mth).

After your 1 year suspension is nearly up (or if you applied for the in car breathaliser system), you have to visit a gouvernement appointed office, where they issue you a small test. It's is a theory test. This test is to predict the likelyhood of you being a possible repeat offender in the futur. You can't study for it, its one of those "there is no wrong answer" type tests. After that, you sit through a few hours of "class" time in which they talk to you about the effects of alcohol on your system.

Oh yeah, there is a fine as well, i believe it's a minimum of $800 + court costs.
Don't forget the nice little mark it adds to your criminal record.

You lose your liscence for 1 year.

You don't need to retake any tests, well "driving" tests. After 3 months you can apply for a restricted liscence (ie with a breathaliser in car, at the cost of $90/mth).

After your 1 year suspension is nearly up (or if you applied for the in car breathaliser system), you have to visit a gouvernement appointed office, where they issue you a small test. It's is a theory test. This test is to predict the likelyhood of you being a possible repeat offender in the futur. You can't study for it, its one of those "there is no wrong answer" type tests. After that, you sit through a few hours of "class" time in which they talk to you about the effects of alcohol on your system.

Oh yeah, there is a fine as well, i believe it's a minimum of $800 + court costs.
Don't forget the nice little mark it adds to your criminal record.

Hey Ryan, thanks for the info.

With a criminal record does that mean he wont be able to travel? Or go to the USA?

Hey Ryan, thanks for the info.

With a criminal record does that mean he wont be able to travel? Or go to the USA?

Not for at least 6 years ... then he can apply for a pardon.

But for more details on that side of it, he should call canada/us customs for that. I believe some crimes they over look and don't hassle you for when trvelling. Not entirely sure though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back