question about inspection tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traction Issuez

Legacy Member
i got one last night on my car.... now she pulled me over cause snow was on the rear window and a park light was out, she then gives me an inspection ticket.... AND a ticket for the burnt park light, on the inspection ticket the light is one of the reasons for it, can she still give me another ticket for the light? isn't it one or the other? and who is she to tell me that my car has excessive rust cause my licence plate is held up with zip ties cause the frame it's bolted to was ripped out and left on the ground by some unknown asshole?

if i am not mistaken she can give you both a ticket and an inspection notice for the same defect. usually they will either give you one or the other, but she was being a total powertripping bitch and gave you both.

If you're not going to inspection with the car you have to still give in proof to the police that you scrapped the car. If you don't, you might recieve a ticket for not going to inspection.

The best proof you can show police is to send in a copy of the inspection paper you got joined with you registration stamped "RANCART" on it by the SAAQ.

Think about it... 430$ ticket...

but what about the fact she gave both the inspection and the ticket for the burnt tail light. thats what i want to know about.

^what i mentionned before.

they can give you one or the other, or both. in this case she gave you both.
why? rever to my previous answer...

Just regarding this. 1 or 2 years after getting a inspection I got a 430$ ticket by mail for not putting My car to rancart. But the thing Is I put It remisage (which I did Will all my cars in the Pass).

I never rolled with the car and have proof with the date of remisage on it. I wanted to rebuild that car but finally just scrapped it later on. Im actually constesting do I have a chance?

My big question is I have had around 10 cars that I got a inspection on which I just put in remisage over the passed years. Will I get a ticket for each? It quinda scares me abit cause Im fed up of paying for legal bureaucratique stuff.

Unfortunatly, yes you mich get a ticket for just putting your car in REMISAGE. When you do that nothing tells the police departement that you're not driving with the car, I intercept regularely cars that have REMISAGE plates on them...

RANCART is the only way to proove it.

mais.... jvois souvent du monde qui vendent leur auto et elles ont besoin d'une inspection! Pourtant ya qq1 qui a pogné une inspection et ne veut pas la passer (susp. pneumatik) donc il voulait "vendre" l'auto mais la SAAQ ne voulait meme pas!:dunno: Alors si t'a une inspection, ya pas moyen de vendre l'auto, faut absolument payé le ticket de 480$ c'est bien ca?!?! (bien évidament tu va pas passer une inspection avec une suspension pneumatique....) :(

yes a burnt out tail light is an infraction under article 213 of the Code de la securite routiere (highway safety code), it says that all equipement must be kept in good functioning order.

Unfortunatly, yes you mich get a ticket for just putting your car in REMISAGE. When you do that nothing tells the police departement that you're not driving with the car, I intercept regularely cars that have REMISAGE plates on them...

RANCART is the only way to proove it.

oh... shit.

I really mean it, oh shit.

i got one last night on my car.... now she pulled me over cause snow was on the rear window and a park light was out, she then gives me an inspection ticket.... AND a ticket for the burnt park light, on the inspection ticket the light is one of the reasons for it, can she still give me another ticket for the light? isn't it one or the other? and who is she to tell me that my car has excessive rust cause my licence plate is held up with zip ties cause the frame it's bolted to was ripped out and left on the ground by some unknown asshole?

Did you get a pink slip (48 hours notice) for the mechanical inspection?

If you're not going to inspection with the car you have to still give in proof to the police that you scrapped the car. If you don't, you might recieve a ticket for not going to inspection.

The best proof you can show police is to send in a copy of the inspection paper you got joined with you registration stamped "RANCART" on it by the SAAQ.

Think about it... 430$ ticket...

Absolutely right...*tu*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back