Got Speeding Ticket 180km in zone of 70

Status
Not open for further replies.

imposss

I got ticket for speeding 180 on ville marie. There was no vehicules on a freeway, then on Decarie I slowed down, and that SQ was following me he pulled me over on jean talon and gave me ticket 920$ 12points. I wanna go to court cause he cought me by car. He didn't laser me nothing! Do you guys think I can win? Cause 12points is ****ing alot! I have only 13on my driver license. Any advice PLZ! Anyone know some good lawyar

Actually, if he matches your speed by his car to catch you. It is worse then being caught by radar/ladar.....

You still can squeeze by with ladar/radar bcoz you can maybe convince the judge that the equipment was not working / or the conditions affected its result...

But when a cop says that he matched your speed with his car.....its his word against your....And we all know which way that will go

I got ticket for speeding 180 on ville marie. There was no vehicules on a freeway, then on Decarie I slowed down, and that SQ was following me he pulled me over on jean talon and gave me ticket 920$ 12points. I wanna go to court cause he cought me by car. He didn't laser me nothing! Do you guys think I can win? Cause 12points is ****ing alot! I have only 13on my driver license. Any advice PLZ! Anyone know some good lawyar

Drive slower next time *tu*

damn 920$ → DAmn expensive but 180km/h is a damn fast on ville-Marie

Actually, if he matches your speed by his car to catch you. It is worse then being caught by radar/ladar.....

You still can squeeze by with ladar/radar bcoz you can maybe convince the judge that the equipment was not working / or the conditions affected its result...

But when a cop says that he matched your speed with his car.....its his word against your....And we all know which way that will go

I am not sure where you got this information, but its quite the opposite. Laser/radar is HARDER to contest for that exact reason, laser especially.

Speedometers are almost ALWAYS optimistic, not to mention the diameter of the tires, the tread depth left on the tires, etc, all affect the speedo readout.

If a cop matches speed with car, it should be easy to at least reduce the ticket.

They should have arrested you and towed your car to the impound lot to be crushed in my opinion. How stupid do you have to be to be going 180 on any road in quebec in january. You got off easy, suck it up and try to use more smarts then your average door knob next time you're behind the wheel.

hemi rod dont be a dick 180 is a pussy speed. my talon and i have riden to 235 in jan............ sorry to here about the ticket... i know a lawyer if you have money. 150$ the point plus the ticket price.....

hemi rod dont be a dick 180 is a pussy speed. my talon and i have riden to 235 in jan............ sorry to here about the ticket... i know a lawyer if you have money. 150$ the point plus the ticket price.....

One of the more senseless responses I've yet to read on MR. Driving at deadly speeds doesn't make you 'man' and you're not impressing anybody.

imposss, sorry but I don't really have much advice for you. I know in the summer I always see people flying there and the Met. Is it possible that he only saw you as he was mergind and estimated your speed?

I don't think there is anything wrong or exceptionally dangerous about doing 180 in a straight line on an empty stretch of highway, but you have to accept that if you get caught driving at those speeds, you're going to pay through the nose, and possibly lose your car. (And your license).

My opinion : It sucks, but it's too bad.

Just get a good lawyer....money talks that's the reality, someone already said it 150$ per point plus the amount of the ticket.

Just get a good lawyer....money talks that's the reality, someone already said it 150$ per point plus the amount of the ticket.
So for $2720 the lawyer can make it all go away? How will it work? What will he say?

btw, how the **** did you not see the SQ car following you? Are you blind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back