Best Cams For A Vr??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

vrsick

Legacy Member
SALut à TOUS!!!

J'aimerais savoir selon vous quel sont les meilleurs cams pour un VR?? J'aimerais mieux opter pour les CAT CAMS pour des raisons prix. Je me suis souvent fait dire que les 268" offre un tres bon IDLE et une tres bonne performance mais de plus en plus je lis que les 274" possede une meilleur performance avec un IDLE plus SPORT.

Qu'est ce que vous me recommandez??? MERCI! ;-) KEEP ON VDUBING!

je dirais que les 274 sont un peu trop hardcore, mais je recommanderais soit des 268 ou 272.....

Mark

i think that its a waste of $$$ for the price they go for on a vr a the little gains ur ganan get its not really my thing. i say save up for a little supercharger or turbo kit

vrsick said:
SALut à TOUS!!!

J'aimerais savoir selon vous quel sont les meilleurs cams pour un VR?? J'aimerais mieux opter pour les CAT CAMS pour des raisons prix. Je me suis souvent fait dire que les 268" offre un tres bon IDLE et une tres bonne performance mais de plus en plus je lis que les 274" possede une meilleur performance avec un IDLE plus SPORT.

Qu'est ce que vous me recommandez??? MERCI! ;-) KEEP ON VDUBING!

TK/Trac Custom grind and some porting to take full advantage;)

montrealgti said:
what are u talking about blackgolf cams and chip is the most important first mod :squintfin

This is what I was thinking....That's why I was asking wich cams to choose from!!

268+ chip programmer = conduite tres le fun.....272 bofff amois que tu fasse travail la tete..... j ai eu la chance de conduire une vr cam 272 pis y avais pas une grosse diference sauve que le power vien un peu plus tard pis fini un peu plus tard ... a toi de voir quoi tu veux mais pour le street 268 c est the best

tkm said:
TK/Trac Custom grind and some porting to take full advantage;)
hmmm... just might have to talk to you again soon! :) Pm sent!

for an off the shelf cam, the 268 is the best all around cam.

montrealgti said:
what are u talking about blackgolf cams and chip is the most important first mod :squintfin

sorry but i think that its a waste of money to try to make power by staying NA its more effort and in a FI aplication stock cams performe more then well so no need to change them. its a way of seeing it at close to 1000$ for cams ill just dish out the extra cash and get a low boost turbo kit. NA = boring

The 268 for a hard core street application (when match with the right Chip) have always been my favorite...hell I won 3 of my 4 Championship with those Cams....Cat Cams where my choice for my 98 Championship and my Wc races in the states... Trac was the company to put them on the map by racing them and selling them.... knowing then what I know now, I would have matched any of my cams (268/276) with the race heads we now use.....so much stronger then even a Schrick intake.....but eh....didn't know Tom back then, :( I had to race harder...;)

my 2 cents...

Last edited:
BLAK GOLF said:
sorry but i think that its a waste of money to try to make power by staying NA its more effort and in a FI aplication stock cams performe more then well so no need to change them. its a way of seeing it at close to 1000$ for cams ill just dish out the extra cash and get a low boost turbo kit. NA = boring

Not everyone is interested in FI. Don't go off topic because it's not your point of view. If he wants cams and stay NA then let him be.

Last edited:
I would buy 272 Cat cams and lighten the flywheel a little,=more rev, I heard 268 don't do a big difference+ the Vr has enough torque

but I never had a chance to compare so.....

I don't know for vr but on 2002's Schrick offer the best quality by far, they offer a much broader powerband than there competitors. I didn't know if I wanted to spend the extra money for Schrick until I saw a dyno of most popular cams and since then I can't wait to put a 292 or 304 schrick!

if that's as far as you wanna take the car (NA), then go for it, i'm with blak golf though, a stage 1 charger is so much funner...
also, don't forget cams on a vr are harder to install than a SOHC 4cyl.

and who cares about idle anyways :dunno:
as long as it doesn't stall...

montrealgti said:
thanks to rainman he just prouved my point

he didnt prove anything he used cat cams and they worked on the car cuz he was most probably racing in the NA division. FI cars run in a different division and if u wanna run a jetta vs porshes well u better put all the money u can in that jetta.

wtv this is just my opinion but close to 1000$ plus instal for cams is ALOT of money for lets say 10-15 hp. and if u ever go FI then ur ganna have to take the cams out and sell them for durt cheap to someone.

anyways this is just my opinion on the matter it doesnt mean i know everything.

Cat cams for VR6 are around 575-600 depending on the uS rate...

If you are a N/A guys they are the first thing to do with a GIAC....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back