Road Test: Camaro vs Mustang vs Challenger vs Genesis Coupe?

ok alors broody ta civic de merde est une voiture de colection?? ciboire tes standar pour qualifier une voiture de colection son pas haut ... en passant je roule en shitvic .. mais je qualifirai jamais une shitbox wagon de char de colection lol ... les civic 78 en condition exemplaire pourai etre considéré comme une voiture de colection vu que ses le debut d'une génération qui as parcurue des decénie et qui se vend encore bien ... mais ton afaire ... NOT!

Mon auto plus rare que la plupart des Ferrari (et que les civic 1978), et aura bientot atteint ses 25 ans. C'est une auto de collection. Anyway c'était de l'ironie.

Mon auto plus rare que la plupart des Ferrari (et que les civic 1978), et aura bientot atteint ses 25 ans. C'est une auto de collection. Anyway c'était de l'ironie.

Rare ne veut pas dire de collection. Si elle est rare il y a surement une raison autre que la limitation de production ainsi que le choix des acheteurs à la 599GTO ou Enzo.

Stop dragging threads OT.

alors si je trouve une lada de 25ans ses une voiture de colection ?? o_O ... ses pas parceque tu peut le plaqué colection selon la saaq que ses tout suite une voiture de colection ... et ce n'est pas nécésairement la rareté qui fait que ses une voiture de colection ... elle donne quoi dans lhistoire ta civic ?? rien , elle est pas vraiment recherché non plus , elle as rien changé dans lhistoire de la civic la preuve il en on jamais refait ... ces plus un fail de honda ....

La plupart des Lada de plus de 20 ans valent assez cher à part les samara.
Sinon la civic est le précurseur à la fois des mini mpv comme la honda fit, et des suv compacts comme le crv. En plus les dossiers de la banquette arrière sont réglables (inclinaison du dossier) et ont des appuie tête indépendants, mieux que les mercedes classe S de l'époque.
Et les autos de collection sont souvent des échecs commerciaux. Et je l'ai dit, j'étais ironique, mais vu comment vous prennez ca au sérieux (et que j'aime ma civic un peu) autant la défendre pour vrai. Anyway je m'en criss du coté collection/oem je l'ai repeinte pas from factory color déja pis je veux crisser un d16a dedans.

La plupart des Lada de plus de 20 ans valent assez cher à part les samara.
Sinon la civic est le précurseur à la fois des mini mpv comme la honda fit, et des suv compacts comme le crv. En plus les dossiers de la banquette arrière sont réglables (inclinaison du dossier) et ont des appuie tête indépendants, mieux que les mercedes classe S de l'époque.
Et les autos de collection sont souvent des échecs commerciaux. Et je l'ai dit, j'étais ironique, mais vu comment vous prennez ca au sérieux (et que j'aime ma civic un peu) autant la défendre pour vrai. Anyway je m'en criss du coté collection/oem je l'ai repeinte pas from factory color déja pis je veux crisser un d16a dedans.

Ok Broody, ça fait longtemps qu'on l'a compris ton message. Maintenant est-ce que tu peux arrêter de détourner tous les threads? C'est toujours la même histoire, comparer n'importe quel char avec ta Civic, ta MR2, même ta Firefly. Tu aimes tes chars, bravo. Cependant ça devient gossant tes références de 5 chars que tu as essayé dans ta vie.

Le thread est rendu tellement pathétique que ça parle de Lada... :squintfin*byewhore*

Dans les full equiper la mustang elle win.

dans les v6 la mustang elle win parceque cest la moin cher.
pi elle as quand meme 300 force la saloppe.

mustang 2011 all the way.

et faut etre fou pour prendre un challanger v6.

Un point negatif de la mustang parcontre, c'est la suspension arriere

This isn't an issue anymore. The solid rear axle is good.

But of course, that solid rear axle means that the Mustang V6 can't go around corners, right? After all, that was Jeremy Clarkson's entire point in his video (and about 20-percent of the sentences he's ever written). Well, in this situation, Jeremy is quite wrong. When the 2010 Mustangs were released, Ford based them on the 2009 Bullitt Mustang, a car that never had to make any apologies for its handling. Starting with that solid foundation (no pun, no pun), Ford has further improved the Mustang's rear end for 2011 to the point where they were so confident with their work, they set up an autocross track for us to compare the new Mustang V6 against the 304-hp, 273 lb-ft of torque 2010 Camaro V6 RS, its most direct competitor.

Not to overstate things, but the four-wheel independently sprung Camaro felt prehistoric compared to the lighter and more sprightly Mustang. Actually, the Camaro's ponderousness helped it out on Ford's track, as it was a second gear affair (meaning nothing but quick turns and big braking zones), but even on the broken asphalt the cars were running over, we much preferred the Mustang's moves and prowess to the frankly clunky, chunky Camaro.

Aucune, j'ai une sportive et une voiture de collection.
Sinon mon père sa camry c'est une rusty 1999 de 430 000km, avant j'avais une firefly 1998, et là une civic 4wd 1987. La sportive vous la connaissez, si j'en parle on va me bannir. Et aussi la focus de ma mère (2001, 230 000km) que je prend des fois vu qu'elle a acheté autre chose. La focus est très en forme mécaniquement d'ailleurs pour une ford de cet age/km, je suis surpris.

I don't get used to, I enjoy them. It's way better to beat the crap out of a shitbox all the time (except on long trips, the noise may be irritating), going to redline without risking GEV, than feeling like slowly cruising in your mustang even if you are going 40kmh over the limit. A nimble car, not too stiff nor too soft, nice sounding exhaust (on the firefly stock was great), that's all I need.
And yes I have money for something better, even my civic 4wd wasn't that cheap. 4wd on the civic and uber good fuel economy on the firefly have a price, a 1998 malibu would be the same price. And my mr2 has all the electric stuff and automatic control ac (no more gas in so I gut it though).

I enjoy driving, maybe you don't.

You should have a trip in an old camry (or avalon) to know what true comfort is. Some expensive germans car have a good compromise (so not as good still) between comfort and sportiness, but still not at the level of seats designed for comfort (while holding decently well in corners compared to old americans cars or bs hyundai accent seats). But my choice (other than nothing) would be first, a spartian true sport car (like a lotus elise) or a truly comfortable car( like old camrys) without the fancy options yes. Something between these, like decent but not so great confort, with a shitload of useless stuff, no ty. After, if they were cars with good seats and equippement, ok, but they seem to forget about the essentials now (like the seats), probably because they don't make big profit on that, while they do on bi-xenon headlights option. Also the camry doesn't even have any adjustements on the seats other than the 2 basics (reclining, back and forth), which in my opinion improves comfort and position, since they don't have to put so many mechanism and the foam and try to make the seat good in any position you set it. The camry seat is made to be like that and that's it (and it fits any sizes of people well).

again, refer to my previous posts.
keep reasoning yourself all you want,
still the bottom line is, you just can't afford decent new cars. face it :)

and no you don't. you don't have money for anything better than a firefly and an ancient civic. hence why you keep buying shitboxes for cheap and convince yourself that you have an awesome car that has everything you want. :)
otherwise, prove me wrong.

but that's ok tho, whatever floats your boat *tu*

Juste pour la valeur de revente tu es gagnant avec un Mustang vs Hyundai.

Avec les nouveaux moteurs ya rien qui arrive au Mustang pour le prix.

The best v6, the Genesis definitely!! American cars v6 aren't that great. Heavy cars for a not that very powerful engine!

Juste pour la valeur de revente tu es gagnant avec un Mustang vs Hyundai.

Avec les nouveaux moteurs ya rien qui arrive au Mustang pour le prix.

Are you kidding me? The Mustangs have amongst the worst resale value of ANY sport cars! How exactly can you judge the Genesis, it's an '10 model!
Unless you're the owner of this 'Stang:
http://www.lespac.com/d-vehicules-autos-st-augustin-laurentides-mustang-gt-2006-LPCaZZ21086846

People often misunderstand resale value. Hyundais can be found cheap on the used market because they are cheap initially. Resale value should be determined by a percentage of its original value, not an absolute number.

To 20inchrome:

Ford's solid rear axle is marvelous, on a track or a drag strip aka smooth surface. It is simply not confidence inspiring to put the power down on corner exits on rough tracks (like in QC) or on the road.

I test drove the following cars before ending on the GC:
  • Mustang GT 2010
  • Infiniti G37
  • Subaru STI
  • Mitsubishi EVO
  • Genesis Coupe 3.8

The Mustang was the most fun to drive in a straight line, the torque mixed with extremely long gears was fun but we hit the curves and the corner exits were ridiculously painful and since it is so front heavy, the turn in was heavily compromised.

Test results are somwhat misleading, they do not reflect real world handling at all! I highly suggest you take a test drive in the 3.8 GT instead of flaunting around Mustang propaganda.

Personally, I could care less, it's just a car, seeing this brand snobism is hilarious, you guys are missing out on great cars.

Are you kidding me? The Mustangs have amongst the worst resale value of ANY sport cars! How exactly can you judge the Genesis, it's an '10 model!
http://www.lespac.com/d-vehicules-autos-st-augustin-laurentides-mustang-gt-2006-LPCaZZ21086846

People often misunderstand resale value. Hyundais can be found cheap on the used market because they are cheap initially. Resale value should be determined by a percentage of its original value, not an absolute number.

To 20inchrome:

Ford's solid rear axle is marvelous, on a track or a drag strip aka smooth surface. It is simply not confidence inspiring to put the power down on corner exits on rough tracks (like in QC) or on the road.

• Mustang GT 2010
  • Infiniti G37
  • Subaru STI
  • Mitsubishi EVO
  • Genesis Coupe 3.8

The Mustang was the most fun to drive in a straight line, the torque mixed with extremely long gears was fun but we hit the curves and the corner exits were ridiculously painful and since it is so front heavy, the turn in was heavily compromised.

Test results are somwhat misleading, they do not reflect real world handling at all! I highly suggest you take a test drive in the 3.8 GT instead of flaunting around Mustang propaganda.

Personally, I could care less, it's just a car, seeing this brand snobism is hilarious, you guys are missing out on great cars.

C'est pour cela qu'il y a plein de Mustang des années 80 modifié ou pas en haut de 5k. Un char qui valait 30k ya 10 ans qui est a 10k aujourd'hui c'est très très bon comme valeur.

C'est pour cela qu'il y a plein de Mustang des années 80 modifié ou pas en haut de 5k. Un char qui valait 30k ya 10 ans qui est a 10k aujourd'hui c'est très très bon comme valeur.

Every car's value will eventually plateau. Do you honestly think a Genesis Coupe will be worth 2,000$ 10 years down the line?

Be realistic and apply your logic to other cars too.

i remember reading that genesis does not use the "real" brembo's but rather a lower grade brembo.

No, that's an internet rumour. 4 pistons monoblock aluminum calipers on all 4 corners. The fact is they used a cut pad to reduce brake noise and to smoothen pedal feel. You want the true feeling of these Brembos? Opt for 80$ Frixa pads and you're set.

To 20inchrome:

• Mustang GT 2010
  • Infiniti G37
  • Subaru STI
  • Mitsubishi EVO
  • Genesis Coupe 3.8

you sound bitter

Back