MR, help a brethren choose riyums.

I get that part, but i can picture that getting schwaggy and fsiling after the first serious storm no?

Never tried it myself, but a friend suggested it. I can see saran wrap holding well, unless you get the dollar store brand. Besides, you're wrapping the shock; you still have the spring around it.

Either way, when I was bringing down mine again, I let break-cleaner sit on it for 15 mins, and made it easy as butter.

Sweet. It's not just a matter of rust, but also to keep them clean. So much crap will stick on it, especially if the car isn't washed.

I daily my car all year though, so if you don't drive it as much, I guess it's not a problem.

I don't really have the option not to daily my shit.. Im gonna consider the saran wrap and lube, or i might just slap on my stock suspension when snow comes.

I dont understand why anyone would NOT replace stock suspension for winter if it's an option. It takes less time because you dont have to try a milliion times to get height proper, and your coils stay in better shape + will last more summers.

Shitty MK5's require you to jack shit up on both sides to remove rear suspension. fffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.

My mistake, always did it at my buddy's shop on his lift, so we did both at once since it was much faster. Just assumed it needed to be done like that with the way the suspension was.

I dont understand why anyone would NOT replace stock suspension for winter if it's an option. It takes less time because you dont have to try a milliion times to get height proper, and your coils stay in better shape + will last more summers.

Uhhh 30 min job to raise coils here..

Back