Recent content by Janno

1. Janno

2017 Edition - Your bikes/Vos motos

Not sure if I posted my bike here before, but this is how she sits right now. I'm slowly building it to my liking, and spent the last year and a half making sure it's running well. It was pretty clean when I got it, so I have a hard time modding it without spare original parts. When I find a...
  2. Janno

Official Motorcycle "Deal" <-- THREAD --> Officiel de "Rabais"

Any use for stands if I bought a motorcycle jack/lift? I found one on Kijiji for $60, when the retail is around $150. Looks like this:
  3. Janno

GoFundMe for Reyem / @StanceRey / @reysspec - Please Help Support his Family!

Hello all, I'm not very active on MR that much anymore (mostly in the motorcycle section now), but I would just like to share a link to a GoFundMe for a friend in need. Some of you might know Reyem who works at Merson Garage at the corner of St-Jacques and Cavendish. His old Instagram account...
  4. Janno

Official Motorcycle "Deal" <-- THREAD --> Officiel de "Rabais"

Official Motorcycle "Deal" <-- THREAD --> Officiel de "Rabais" Après le thread crée par Oryx80, je crois que c'est une bonne idée qu'on se partage des "deals", ou même des sites où trouver des bons deals sur des pièces, accessoires, etc. Pour moi-même, j'ai une vieille Honda CB360T 1975 que je...
  5. Janno

road exam tips?

Hey guys, my road exam is coming up. Anyone know what they mostly look at, that will subtract the most points? Left-right-left at all stops and red lights; left side of the lane when driving... basic stuff. Also, what is the actual PROPER technique to stop at a STOP sign? it's one foot down...
  6. Janno

How do you insure your equipment?

Yesterday, my colleague's car got broken into, and we almost lost some of our gear. Thankfully, the trunk stays locked, so they couldn't get to it. For myself, it was just an old back-up camera and 2 lenses that was in the trunk. It got me thinking, how do you all insure your equipment? I...
  7. Janno

NBA Playoffs 2015 - Where to watch in Montreal?

Since the NHL playoffs are at the same time as the NBA playoffs, it's kind of hard to find a bar that will show the NBA playoffs with sound, when there's a hockey game on at the same time. Any place downtown, or atwater/griffintown (or maybe even the South Shore?) that might show a bball game...
  8. Janno

Accident driving a relative's car

I just got into a fender bender while driving in my mom's car (she was not present with me). The other driver was completely at fault; made a "constat à l'amiable" on a white paper, stating it was his fault. I was driving down Lorimier, and a van came off the shoulder/right lane. It hit the...
  9. Janno

Noob electrical question: how to install programmable thermostat?

Sorry, I'm a noob, and I don't want to burn my new place down. I'm trying to replace my round-dial, manual thermostat, to digital programmable ones I bought on sale at Rona. When I unscrewed the old dials, I realized it wasn't the same thing at all. Any help would be appreciated, even if it's...
  10. Janno

FS: Ironman Adjustable Dumbbell Set (2.5lbs-55lbs) - Like New

I have an adjustable dumbbell set for sale. Bought it over a year ago, and hardly used it (just no space). I'm moving, and I won't have any space for it in my new place. Exactly this for $300. Located in the South Shore, pick-up only. Contact by PM, or my info on Kijiji ad...
  11. Janno

Places to drive in France?

So I'm planning a trip to France (mostly) with my lady the first week of July, and I'm weighing my options as to how to travel within the country. We're staying between 2-3 weeks. This is my first time visiting Europe, and I don't know what to expect. The plan is to land in Paris, then to...
  12. Janno

FOR SALE / A VENDRE: Fuji Finepix X100 - with lens hood, clear filter, + more extras

Selling my Fuji X100, with original boxes & documentation. It includes the following: - original battery & charger - Fuji neck-strap - spare battery & charger - Fuji metal lens hood - clear 49mm filter - red soft-shutter button...
  13. Janno

FOR SALE / A VENDRE: Nikon 50mm f/1.4 AF-D

I'm selling a Nikon Nikkor 50mm f/1.4 AF-D in great condition. A few small scratches on the body, but works perfectly. Selling because I have the newer Nikon 50mm f/1.4 G version. Also comes with original box, lens cap, and a 52mm clear filter, which was used to protect the front lens...
  14. Janno

How many Actuations on your camera?

Post it up. Also if you've had any issues / mirror-replacement done. Currently on my Nikon D700, I have: 68576 I bought it 2nd hand with about 15-20k I believe, end of May last year. I used to have 2 DSLRs, but got rid of my D7000 when I realized that I never took photos/didn't want to shoot...
  15. Janno

2Lo Crew Photoshoot - White, Brown and Yellow Chocolate

Shot this a few weeks ago in blazing sun, and finally got time to edit them. Hope you enjoy. And one of my E46. :)
Back