Search results

1. P

Missing woman Ile Bizard

Hey everyone, my friends mom has been missing since 5 am after going out on her bike. Keep an eye out please.
  2. P

Labor Shortage

I've been trying to hire a trailer mechanic for a month, and haven't gotten a single resume. 2 years ago I got one almost daily. Companies also seem to be offering salaries that I have never seen before, trying to poach people. Is anyone else struggling to fill trades positions? I'm even seeing...
  3. P

Kitchen code question

Not my kitchen. Can you place an oven directly next to a fridge? Thanks
  4. P

Flattening Vinyls

Bought some vinyls last fall, shipped them to Florida to my aunt to send up. I guess the box sat in the sun, as they are unplayable. I do not want to DIY this. Does anyone know if any of the vinyl shops in Montreal have a way to fix these? I've heard of low temp presses to fix them. Thanks.
  5. P

Australia is doubling the cost of arts degrees, lowering STEM field degrees.

https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200728-why-australia-is-charging-more-to-study-history SJW warriors not knowing whether to pray for Australia or let it burn. I think the is a fuckin A1 plan and have already started practicing using the word cunt in everyday conversations.
  6. P

Vermiculite Removal

Started kitchen renos this weekend, big pile of vermiculite came down. Went into the crawlspace and first thing I see is a big bag of Zonolite, the brand contaminated with asbestos. Anyone every have this stuff removed? Looking at LG4 Isolation right now.
  7. P

Any classic evaluators on board?

I've got a 1949 Matchless G80, that was given to me by my uncle. Long story short, the registration is the motor number and not the frame. This is because the motor is :49G80SXXXX, while the frame is just 5 digits, and the lady at the SAAQ head office said it would be impossible. This has made...
  8. P

Cerb

I don't want this to get lost in the other thread. Information seems sparse so I wanted to pool anyones knowledge. I've been off since the Friday before shutdown. I am reopening my shop to our service section only next monday (7 days). Since everyone has now been switched from EI to CERB, will...
  9. P

Scheer is resigning.

Caught using party money to pay for his kids schooling. https://globalnews.ca/news/6288286/andrew-scheer-resignation/?fbclid=IwAR0QuRA60X-nbwrFQdMtmfATXQwViItuve22ZGtGTuNKj334oPTVAVdZkZM
  10. P

Mushrooms

Anyone here supplement with some of the "medicinal" mushrooms? Chaga, Lion's Mane, Reishi, Ashwagandha etc... Bought a few samples on black friday.
  11. P

Wills and marriage after death.

Disclamer: this story is retarded. A friend of my wife is married and pregnant to a guy she barely knew and 20 years her senior. In his will, everything goes to his brother. Because they are married, is the will void? I poked around online but lost patience and am just seeing if someone here...
  12. P

Epstein is dead.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/jeffrey-epstein-1.5242745 Motherfucker.
  13. P

Zoned HVAC

Anyone have a recommendation on electronic dampers? I've got 4 floors and it's a pain keep the top cool.
  14. P

Meat delivery services.

Anyone have any recommendations for a butcher delivery service? Looking mostly for quality grass fed beef, but will probably order chicken to. Thanks.
  15. P

Why do you train, and why do you train the way you do?

Let's keep this section alive. I train mostly for mental stability in a high stress environment. For 1.5 hours, 4 times a week, I can clear my head and focus on nothing but myself. I've built a home gym over time that continues to grow, and it has become my own personal sanctuary. As far as...
  16. P

CBC article about electric cars.

The article is pretty normal stuff, but I found these 2 statements very contradicting. One says you save 3-5k a year, but then it says the cost of a speed charger is 10$ per 100km, which is about 8.5l/100km with today's prices, which is fairly high compared to the small econo hatches. Even with...
  17. P

Insurance type question.

Saw a car rear end a lifted Jeep on my way home tonight and it got me thinking. Lifting a vehicle more than 2 or 4 inches here, can't remember, is illegal, mainly due to moving the bumper heights. The car was pretty fucked, with the hitch destroying the hood due to the Jeep being so much...
  18. P

94+ for price of regular in Fontainbleau

Not sure how long it will last. Save some money.
  19. P

Cable railing.

Seems like these don't pass code, but I see them all the time. Just taking a risk?
  20. P

Golf Sportwagen paint bubbling.

Car is a 2017 Alltrack, black. 18000km, and the car is covered in pinhead size bubbles, and about a dozen have broken through to the primer/steel. Anyone else with one of these seeing anything similar? Not looking forward to my first new car needing a total repaint after 5 months...
Back