Search results

1. Stirl_ae86

Tim Horton's Hockey Cards

https://c2w.timhortons.com/en Has anyone been buying these? I collected cards as a kid but haven't bought any in many years. I was never into the McDonald's or Tim's hockey cars but have been buying a pack with my coffee the last couple days... why not.
  2. Stirl_ae86

Business Internet/Telephone

Current contract with Telus is up, I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions on business plans for internet/land lines/cell phone. Nothing complex; 3 telephone lines, internet, 2 cell phones. It's been a couple years since I've had to look into this, any suggestions?
  3. Stirl_ae86

How Much is a Race Used Set of Vettel's F1 Wheels Worth?

$384 apparently. I was shocked when I came across this yesterday... They definitely failed to get word of this sports auction out to the right audience, I can't believe how little some items sold for. A race used group of four OZ Racing brand front wheels from a Red Bull Racing Formula 1...
  4. Stirl_ae86

$23K 2017 Toyota 86

Good deal on a "new" 2017 86 at Roussel Toyota. $23k. Auto :/ Thought this may interest someone.. https://www.rousseltoyota.com/en/car/new-inventory/toyota/86/2017-toyota-86-id5250160
  5. Stirl_ae86

R.I.P Keith Flint

Yet another suicide.... I think I was in grade 9 when The Fat of the Land came out... good times.
  6. Stirl_ae86

Kid Mails Car Companies for Decals

This is so cool... Patch Hurty was five when he found the Ford badge on the side of the road near his house in Connecticut. He loves cars, so he was pumped about this find-car names were some of the first words he was learning to read, and now he had a badge of his own from a real car. What...
  7. Stirl_ae86

2019 Predictions

So, what does the new year hold for us? Politics, celebrity deaths, economy... any topic goes. Post your predictions for 2019.
  8. Stirl_ae86

Gymkhana 10

9. Stirl_ae86

Palladium Price

Has anyone noticed palladium prices recently? https://www.apmex.com/spotprices/palladium-price I've been watching it climb steadily for a couple years now. Checked metal prices today for the first time in a couple weeks and palladium has officially surpassed gold in value. It has skyrocketed...
  10. Stirl_ae86

Obsolete Cables Worth Anything?

I have a ton of brand new computer/printer cables that have been obsolete for quite some time. DB25 to Centronics 36 pin parallel cables, IEEE-1284 cables, etc. I've had them kicking around for a long time and was considering scrapping them but when I was trying to Google what materials the...
  11. Stirl_ae86

I Knew It... (GoFundMe Scam)

Anyone remember the couple that made the GoFundMe page for the homeless guy? Then there was some drama about the couple not giving him the money, which he sued for an won, or something along those lines.. Something seemed fishy about the whole thing from the start. Turns out the whole thing was...
  12. Stirl_ae86

Happy Birthday...

...to the following members: marye (28) mawwie2010 (28) mawie2010 (28), mawwie2002 (28), mawieee2002 (28), mawiee2002 (28), maryeee2002 (28), mawiieee2002 (28), mawiieeepotvin (28), youngmawiieee (28), young_mawiieee2002 (28), yoooung_mawiieee2002 (28), yoooung_marie2002 (28)...
  13. Stirl_ae86

Fragile Folks Triggered by Honking.

I'm still not sure what to make of this article but I find it so strange that I had to share. https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/survey-on-car-horn-use-finds-48-per-cent-of-canadians-have-felt-unsafe-or-agitated-due-to-honking/ar-AAAois3?li=AAggNb9 “If (drivers) are in a situation where...
  14. Stirl_ae86

Did your know? (Coffee Cup Recycling)

I've always assumed that disposable coffee cups from Tim's, McD's etc were recyclable. I looked it up recently for whatever reason and it turns out they are not. Straight to the landfill... Probably tens of millions of cups per day in Canada alone. Most people that I've talked to also thought...
  15. Stirl_ae86

Top Secret V12 Supra Going to Auction

Top Secret's famous V12 Supra is going up for auction. Such nostalgia... Originally built by speed-chasing legend "Smokey" Nagata, nicknamed for his trademark burnouts before high-speed runs, this Supra was way ahead of its time. Today, it's commonplace to do crazy bastardized swaps that would...
  16. Stirl_ae86

Drive or Ship?

I need to get a car from MTL to Calgary and am torn between driving it back or having it shipped... I seem to be changing my mind daily. Pros of driving: -Epic road trip -Car will not be in a stranger's hands -Wouldn't have to worry about damage during transport -Most transportation companies...
  17. Stirl_ae86

Vehicle Shipping

Aside from www.uship.com and Mackie Transport, does anyone have any other suggestions for shipping a car from the Montreal area to Calgary? Any feedback/past experiences would be appreciated.
  18. Stirl_ae86

Trade Only?

I saw this ad last night and before realizing it was a scam, I contacted the guy. I asked when he would be able to show the car and he replied right away "Trades only, sorry". So my question is; if this was a legitimate ad (which it's not), then why would the poster only accept trades? Where...
  19. Stirl_ae86

Canada's Migrant Problem Should not be Ignored

We all know that there are lots of illegal migrants currently crossing into Canada from the US, but this report by The Rebel blew me away. There's literally a network of illegal migrant traffickers helping these parasites every step of the way, from landing in the US, to arriving at our border...
  20. Stirl_ae86

Shell V Power VS. CO-OP 91

I use Shell V Power religiously, but I needed gas a couple weeks ago and there aren't any Shell stations close to my friend's place. He always uses CO-OP gas and says it's good so I decided to try it. Results: Previous tank with V Power: 476kms, 52.685L, 11.068L/100km, 25.46mpg CO-OP 91...
Back