CANCER Protection

was just with a long time and well known member of Montrealracing last night.

he took a Critical illness policy for himself and wife.. definitely a smart choice

and with the RETURN OF PREMIUM option he has the choice to cancel the policy and get all his premiums back..

Critical illness coverage is a no brainer, if something happens you get the lump sum benefit tax free and if nothing happens you get all your money back..!

if you'd like more info or have a personal quote just let me know.

Tony.

Hey Guys,

This was me who took out the policy for me and my wife.

We took out a 100K policy with Tony, in order to add to the fleet of other insurance we have. It is a great instrument to either compliment your life insurance or just have all on its own. Being a family family man with a wife and child, and being the bread winner for the household, WHAT IF I HAD TO STOP WORKING TOMORROW IN ORDER TO UNDERGO SURGERY, TREATMENT FOR AN ILLNES??? If I wasnt covered, my wife would have to dip into our savings for day to day expenses, not to mention what ever costs are incured by the treatmentsurgery, etc...

I want to provide for my family, NOT burdon them!

This way I have peace of mind, If I get sick, my wife gets a chq for 100k immediately to cover any costs, and to continue caring for our children, and then once I get better, I can go back to work, and any of the 100k not spent gets added to the savings.

Having said that, if I dont get better, and eventually pass, then my family benefits from the 500K life insurance + the 100k Critical illnes money, this way even though I may be gone, I know my family is not strapped for cash.

On a much brighter note :p if and hopefully nothing happens............after a 15yr period, I can pull out 100% of all my premiums payed into the policy!

Long story short, if something hgappens, THANK-GOD you have the coverage, if nothing goes wrong, well................you have 15yrs worth of savings.

There is NO better piece of mind!!

You guys should call Tony (DRock), He is very laid back, non-intimidating, and VERY easy to get along with, I definetly vouch for him! He knows his stuff! and will guide you in the right direction according to your budget.

Hey Guys,

This was me who took out the policy for me and my wife.

We took out a 100K policy with Tony, in order to add to the fleet of other insurance we have. It is a great instrument to either compliment your life insurance or just have all on its own. Being a family family man with a wife and child, and being the bread winner for the household, WHAT IF I HAD TO STOP WORKING TOMORROW IN ORDER TO UNDERGO SURGERY, TREATMENT FOR AN ILLNES??? If I wasnt covered, my wife would have to dip into our savings for day to day expenses, not to mention what ever costs are incured by the treatmentsurgery, etc...

I want to provide for my family, NOT burdon them!

This way I have peace of mind, If I get sick, my wife gets a chq for 100k immediately to cover any costs, and to continue caring for our children, and then once I get better, I can go back to work, and any of the 100k not spent gets added to the savings.

Having said that, if I dont get better, and eventually pass, then my family benefits from the 500K life insurance + the 100k Critical illnes money, this way even though I may be gone, I know my family is not strapped for cash.

On a much brighter note :p if and hopefully nothing happens............after a 15yr period, I can pull out 100% of all my premiums payed into the policy!

Long story short, if something hgappens, THANK-GOD you have the coverage, if nothing goes wrong, well................you have 15yrs worth of savings.

There is NO better piece of mind!!

You guys should call Tony (DRock), He is very laid back, non-intimidating, and VERY easy to get along with, I definetly vouch for him! He knows his stuff! and will guide you in the right direction according to your budget.

Bump..

hey whats up..

as mentioned above by 73vette..
there are several different options available.. to setup a good plan.. within anyones budget.
if you want details on prices etc.. you can send me a pm with your age and smoking status.. send you back a quote..

in the mean time. here is an example for a base coverage.

Male 30
non-smoker

$100,000 of Critical illness coverage in the event of an illness
= only $30/month..

if you are younger.. then its abit cheaper.. if you are older.. then its abit more.

saving $30 month will not give you $100,000 tax free in the event of an illness.. but this policy will..!!

Tony

hi, hope all is well.. thought I bring this post back up..

I changed the title of this thread to Cancer Protection, cause basically thats what Critical illness (CI) insurance can do for you..

Cancer is one of the 24 illness covered on this type of Coverage.. including Heart Attack, Stroke etc..
if Cancer was the only illness covered.. it would still be a no brainer to have.

CI is a coverage that pays you a lump sum of money TAX-FREE, in the event of an illness such as Cancer.
you decide how much coverage you want 25k, 50k, 100k, 200k etc..

if you are diagnosed with a covered illness, you will be paid in one lump sum..tax-free, the amount of coverage you were insured for.
CI is not Disability insurance, disability is connected to your work and income..which pays you a MONTHLY benefit in the event you cant work.
CI conversely, pays the entire amount you are insured for in one shot.

you are free to use the proceeds as you see fit.. during you recovery.. regardless if you have a good recovery and can return to work.. you do not have to refund anything. whereas.. with Disability, once you can return to work.. the Monthly benefit will stop..

in addition check the fine print in your Group benefits booklet ( if you have any).. it is usualy max 24months of benefit and then it stops. you basically have to be a complete vegetable to keep recieving benefits after 24 months..

the odds of being diagnosed with a serious illness in ones lifetime is 1 in 3.. maybe even less.

the 1 in 3 could be you at some point.. i wouldnt want to be caught without some Critical illness coverage.

statistically.. you are more likely to claim on a CI policy then on your house or car insurance.. but we all have that right..?

think outside the box.. does that really make sense..? we insure everything.. but the thing that is most likely to occur, you are not insured for..?

many Montrealracing members have taken CI coverage for themselves... if you want to learn more let me know

Last edited:
hi there..

its odd.. I see alot of people click this thread to check it out.. as I can see the thread count.
likely cause the title " Cancer Protection", stands out... but thats the idea..to get people to read and learn more about Critical illness insurance.
but oddly... people dont have questions or want to learn more about this.. by the way many MR members have acquired thier coverage.

maybe cause we are younger and dont beleive we would be diagnosed with a CANCER any time soon.. obvioulsy thats the hope..
but in the past 12months.. ive had two clients.. under 35.. make a claim for Cancer under their policy.. and they both got the payout.

I cant see who in their right mind would not want to protect themselves financially in the event of a Cancer or other covered illnesses..?
this is what Critical illness insurance can do for you.. and now when you are younger is the time to have it.. cause the premium is much cheaper while we are younger..

if you are reading this.. I would not pass up to learn more about this very important coverage..!!

Tony..

hi.. here we go...
here is a nice article from yesterdays Gazette talking about the importance for everyone young and older to be covered by Critical illness insurance.
if you think youre all set because of Medicare or because your have Group coverage from your work.. think again.

like car insurance.. this is something everyone should have.. it is simply the biggest no brainer of all the insurances.. and in fact.. of all the insurances you can think of ( car, house , life, disability, travel etc..), Critical illness is the number one most probable to make a claim..

check this link

http://www.montrealgazette.com/business/Major+illnesses+threat+uninsured/5742363/story.html

Back