Suspension + Exhaust = Inspection 2015 MTL Area

kenny3344

It's not even the beginning nor the end of the month and it seems like SPVM is on the hunt. My friend was driving in downtown peacefully, until mr officer decides to pull him over and hands him a mechanical inspection. Unless i missed out on changes, i thought these inspections can only be given with THREE infractions that are considered a danger to public safety. Not only did mr. Officer give out the inspection based on 2 "modifications", but one of them is targeting his exhaust?...Either something doesn't sound right to me, or a lot has changed in order to catch up with these tax collectors guidelines.

So this is how his car looks like (modified yes, but not hellatoiletflush as you can figure out from this hot tracking picture)
11721418_10206301888398843_528304920_n.jpg

and now for the inspection....
11212438_10206301875558522_1637597031_n.jpg

The "peace" officer has the motives to believe that the car doesnt conform to the Book Of Law, etc etc....

So what should he do now? Yea, you can easily just do the inspection and get over it, but it doesnt sound right; as long as Mr.Peacekeeper "thinks" the car is a threat to public safety, he can just send us to inspection everytime?

Pics are fine. Opens no problem.

Anything that is louder then OEM is illegal plus coilovers are legal but they don't like cars lowered. It's like playing Russian roulette really when you have a track setup on the street. Just the fact his wheels are bright red on a white car sticks out and he got a cop who was in the mood to give a ticket. One of my cars is all black with white spoked mags. Been spotted a few times but they left me alone once they see I'm not a kid. I'm changing the color to gunmetal anyway.

Tell him to lift the car back at oem spec. Exhaust he might pas but it remains illegal if it's louder then stock.

Good luck

By the way it's 3 minor not major ... and i never was able to find if that was realy legally valid....just found 1 judgement that was saying it was not

legally a cop can only give you a inspection if he detect a DANGER ..in short a major

if doesn't respect the CSR and still does it....even deontologie doesn't care ..they say it's not there biseness

but suspension CAN be considered a valid reason depending on the police opinion ....

its a grey zone of abuse, my friend called the SAAQ, police stations, and even went to courthouse, none of them were able to provide precise answers over the matter of BVA's. This basically means if the cop is having a bad day, despises modified cars, needs to boost his quota, he could openly send us to inspection without proper procedures, because there are no procedures to protect us.

its a grey zone of abuse, my friend called the SAAQ, police stations, and even went to courthouse, none of them were able to provide precise answers over the matter of BVA's. This basically means if the cop is having a bad day, despises modified cars, needs to boost his quota, he could openly send us to inspection without proper procedures, because there are no procedures to protect us.

exactly et c'est vraiment rendu un probleme

Pics are fine. Opens no problem.

Anything that is louder then OEM is illegal plus coilovers are legal but they don't like cars lowered. It's like playing Russian roulette really when you have a track setup on the street. Just the fact his wheels are bright red on a white car sticks out and he got a cop who was in the mood to give a ticket. One of my cars is all black with white spoked mags. Been spotted a few times but they left me alone once they see I'm not a kid. I'm changing the color to gunmetal anyway.

Tell him to lift the car back at oem spec. Exhaust he might pas but it remains illegal if it's louder then stock.

Good luck

Oui c'est légal des coilover mais depuis cette année il y a quelques trucs qui ont changé!! Voir extrait du site de la SAAQ:" Véhicules abaissés

La pratique esthétique nommée hellaflush a fait couler beaucoup d’encre à l’été 2014, lorsque la Société a décidé de faire le point « publiquement » sur le sujet. Selon cette pratique, l’abaissement du véhicule est complété par l’installation d’ensembles pneus/jantes surdimensionnés incompatibles et par une modification importante du carrossage (camber).
Contrairement à ce qui a été rapporté, il est tout à fait possible de circuler avec un véhicule abaissé sur lequel sont installées des jantes de dimensions majorées, mais certaines règles doivent être respectées, notamment :
Suspension
Les systèmes de suspension pneumatique ajustable sont interdits, sauf lorsqu’ils sont de série (VUS, camionnette…).
Un ensemble de suspension abaissée fixe ou à hauteur ajustable (type coilover) peut être acceptable, sous réserve de ce qui suit :
Aucun point de contact n’est toléré (sol, composantes de suspension, châssis, etc.) dans des conditions de conduite normales;
L’alignement du véhicule doit correspondre aux spécifications du constructeur du véhicule. Il est permis d’installer des pièces conçues pour corriger l’alignement, mais elles doivent d’abord être approuvées par la Société;
La suspension doit conserver un débattement adéquat. "

C'est la qu'on voit le contrôle embarqué... Pis l'étude signer par un Ingénieur pour faire approuver ces dites pièces sont à TA charge ( Par contre, j'imagine que si une base de donnée quelconque est créé, les gens pourront aller l'utiliser pour fournir les documents scellé par un Ingénieur à la SAAQ pour chaque dossier)

i passed the inspection, thanks for the concerns :)

Howd it go? You raised suspension to stock and went to the shop? Or did you prepare a little bit more than that? Also, having passed inspection, can you now contest the tickets?

Howd it go? You raised suspension to stock and went to the shop? Or did you prepare a little bit more than that? Also, having passed inspection, can you now contest the tickets?

i just put an oem exhaust on and different wheels, they said i can get another inspection if i change it back i did it anyways haha. i looked like this going into my inspection

i also removed my rear diffuser

as for contesting the tickets i can probably contest the exhaust ticket and just say i got shit for dual oem tips haha

I always kept my modded cars as stock looking as possible to avoid unwanted attention.

Drove a turbocharged Civic SiR for 7-8 years without getting pull over once.

Cops wouldn't even look at me when stopped right next to them and I had a 3" exhaust front to back. rofl

^^

same here, got a drop, fog DRL and lound G35 double exhasut on the maxima, never get pulled.

Papicar = cops don't care.

(touching wood)

I'll see this year with my wagon, since it's a s-line, it look dropped in the back. OEM shocks.

^^

same here, got a drop, fog DRL and lound G35 double exhasut on the maxima, never get pulled.

Papicar = cops don't care.

(touching wood)

I'll see this year with my wagon, since it's a s-line, it look dropped in the back. OEM shocks.

I have an A4 Avant with a slight drop, fat wide tires and dual Magnaflow with 4" tips. Two years now and they don't bother me.

I always kept my modded cars as stock looking as possible to avoid unwanted attention.

Drove a turbocharged Civic SiR for 7-8 years without getting pull over once.

Cops wouldn't even look at me when stopped right next to them and I had a 3" exhaust front to back. rofl

[url]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/QuickSiR/Voitures/IMG_0251copy.jpg[/URL]
[url]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/QuickSiR/Voitures/IMG_0245copy.jpg[/URL]
I bet thieves still Spotted it though

I have an A4 Avant with a slight drop, fat wide tires and dual Magnaflow with 4" tips. Two years now and they don't bother me.

Thinking of installing a magnaflow... Not sure if I should do it however. May I ask how old you look? Im 20 but I look young for my age. Im worried putting a louder exhaust on my tornado red golf might not be the best idea ever.

Thinking of installing a magnaflow... Not sure if I should do it however. May I ask how old you look? Im 20 but I look young for my age. Im worried putting a louder exhaust on my tornado red golf might not be the best idea ever.

I'm 50yo, look 40 tops as per what friends say.. I was gone from tuning and fun cars for 18 years about then started again one year ago. I was doing stuff for others but not myself. Youngest kids are 19 yo and rarely home plus seperated and getting divorced. So yup back with toys and I have three. lol

2009 Audi A4 Quattro Avant 3.0. Slightly lowered by Audi, 245/45R17, Magnaflow freeflow race mufflers. I don't get bothered so far but it really isn't loud...............yet! Cops look at me and see I'm not a kid plus Audi's well, not in the same league. It also depends how your driving. Drive like an ass you'll get attention. I behave, especially in cities and small towns. Best way to get it out of your system.......go lapping on a track.!!

Back