Need Help ASAP regarding Futureshop & HL2

Status
Not open for further replies.

the watcher

I bought a copy of half-life 2 on friday and played yesterday. i try and play today and it says my account was disabled. *banghead* *banghead* this was probaly due to me trying to activate a already used cd-key last week but i still entered the correct one wheni bought it and it worked. now i contacted steam and i'm furious and i told them to re-activate it. now let's say they don't, wat options do i have? :cry:

i purchased it from futureshop and i still have the receipt but they don't accept return on open software.
anyone working at futureshop and know a workaround?
i was thinking telling them there was a scratch on the cd so i can get a new one and get a new cd key?!?

any help would be appreciated

http://tinyurl.com/4muug
steamerrcopy.jpg

Also im playing half-life 2 and i dont even have steam installed. Dont pay for software thats such bs as STEAM. Dont ask me how i got it to work without steam either, shit was a pain in the ass.

I saved around 70$ which can go to better things, like goods and services.

m00se said:
http://tinyurl.com/4muug
steamerrcopy.jpg

Also im playing half-life 2 and i dont even have steam installed. Dont pay for software thats such bs as STEAM. Dont ask me how i got it to work without steam either, shit was a pain in the ass.

I saved around 70$ which can go to better things, like goods and services.

Pain in the ass? I didn't even have to work to get it to work without steam. :)

just delete steam and reinstall it and search for cd keys on the net like on limewire or kazaa or something...a lot of them work ive downloaded some! and i play online every day ...

should have bought it elsewhere.... :D

maybe you just made a typo when you entered the cd-key?

Contact Valve. They will probably ask you to mail the UPC code flap of the box to them and they will send you a new CD with key.

they banned 20 000 accounts yesterday,
i e-mailed them with the cd key i purchased, but i doubt they'll do anything, i'm gonna go try my luckw ith FS today

I dunno what all this steam stuff is, so let me get this straight ... you bought a game with a valid CD Key and....

you just can't play ?? :dunno:
I sure won't buy a game from Valve anytime soon then ...

Try the future shop thing and be really nice and say the cd is scratched and all u want to do is exchange for the exact same game........emphasize the same game so teh girl at service will most likely not even cal the guys from upstairs or anything. and if she looks and says its not scratched say u are unable to install part of teh game or something.

and they should let you do it.

Dont plan on getting your game working again.

Read their forums..

You decided to pirate their software, even for just a week, is still theft.

To top it off, you tried to reactivate with the new key on the same account.

Congratulations, you just bought a 70$ drink coaster.

I don't have a cdkey...

I bought the game online... half life is a game worth buying... they really built a solid first half life... I really don't mind haveing bought this one...

keep in contact with valve... if you have a valid cd-key they can resolve this issue....

It sucks, but it happens... same thing with HL1... some illegal keys were on the net which were in use by people who actually bought the game... those people had to send in the upc code and received a new cdkey...

blame the illegal downloaders... :)

Rimsta said:
I dunno what all this steam stuff is, so let me get this straight ... you bought a game with a valid CD Key and....

you just can't play ?? :dunno:
I sure won't buy a game from Valve anytime soon then ...

naw you probably won't have the same problem... :)
doesn't happen often...

hl2 is awesome!

Grandmasta said:
Dont plan on getting your game working again.

Read their forums..

You decided to pirate their software, even for just a week, is still theft.

To top it off, you tried to reactivate with the new key on the same account.

Congratulations, you just bought a 70$ drink coaster.

number one i dind't pirate it for a week, i was reading a technique and took 5 min to try and get it to work but it dind't so i'm like fcuk it since i'm gonna buy it anyways.
now that i bought it this hapens

anyways i got an exchange today from FS so i ain't worried son :p

Steam is free... And besides it's a great platform to get the money DIRECTLY to the developpers (Valve) instead of to the Producer/distributer who doesn't do jack shit besides printing the cds and written material and take 80% of the profits...

It's also a great way of keeping people from STEALING from the developpers who worked 2-3 years (or more like for HL2) and might want to be able to keep their jobs. Sure on most games the big producer takes the big hit but the studio still has to work their ass off and they get robbed?

People who steal games are no better than car thieves...

It already hapenned to me with Half-life 1 so I contacted Steam and I still waiting from an answer from them :squintfin

So, for Half-life 2, I will dlownload a game with a good cd key and I'll play all the time :D

Steam dosen't deserve to get paid by us :squintfin

"Hello,

It appears that on the 16th you attempted to register a number of your "friends" cd keys, including one that was apart of instructions on how to exploit a steam account. Your account is disabled and will not be reactivated."

Bunch of fags

Just like bad credit, bad credit stays on your file and so do your stealing habits on steam.

Just play 100% legit like you should!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back