Winter Tires? BMW M3

Status
Not open for further replies.

luppo

Legacy Member
What would you recommend for a 2001 BMW M3 for 1st winter drive?

What make and model tires?
What size? (front/back)

Would you recommend a snow or ice tire? (mostly highway 60-40%)

Thanx for help

Nokian.....Ils osent dire faire de la pub que c'est les meilleures pneus d'hiver au monde..............Ben ils ont raison :D

Run 225/45/17 all around

Don't run staggered

LM22 are great, Nokian too.

I had bought M5 replica mags pretty cheap and they did the job.

This worked well for me, I only got stuck once. Keep a big bag of salt in the trunk during the winter.

MontrealM3 said:
Run 225/45/17 all around

Don't run staggered

LM22 are great, Nokian too.

I had bought M5 replica mags pretty cheap and they did the job.

This worked well for me, I only got stuck once. Keep a big bag of salt in the trunk during the winter.

In this size Blizzak WS-50 is da bomb.
LM22 is comptetent but in snow/ice the WS-50 will own. It is a comfort/longevity sacrifice though.

I got Pirelly SnowSport 240 225/45/18 235/45/18 because of 355 mm brake rotors but if you have stock brakes go for 17"

MstrBlstr said:
In this size Blizzak WS-50 is da bomb.
LM22 is comptetent but in snow/ice the WS-50 will own. It is a comfort/longevity sacrifice though.

I got Pirelly SnowSport 240 225/45/18 235/45/18 because of 355 mm brake rotors but if you have stock brakes go for 17"

I have the WS-50's and although im not running them on an M3, (a g35 coupe and a maxima) they do the job. this is my second winter with them and i was very satisfied last year

I'm running Pirelli Winter carving (studded) on my 330ci and I had the chance to try it out in some serious snow yesterday in St-Donat. I was impressed withthe way it went, even in the really slippy, slushy snow (0 degrees) we had. It's still not an AWD car but it works well.
I'm running 225/45/17 all round.
Call me if you need some!
RMR Autosport
514 339-5722

persianrider said:
if you can afford M3
then you can afford Nokian Hakka2 with studs
;)
Chinnu said:
if Il a un M3, il a les moyens pour des Nokian hakka

Wow, on dirait qu'ya de l'écho !!

Mais j'approuve, Nokian Hakka 2 avec studs :bigup:

persianrider said:
if you can afford M3
then you can afford Nokian Hakka2 with studs

;)

I don't think they are available in that size :)

So instead of Hakka2's. Go and afford some Vredesteins. :)

Au garage les clients ont des tires 17'' sur des mags ///M 5 branches doubles comme set-up d hiver.

La plupart ont du Michelin Pilot Alpin.

Sa fait drole de voir une M3 avec des aussi petites roues...

Attention les roues avant et arriere n ont pas le meme offset..! :p

now I know why our streets are ****.....why would u need tires with studs it doesnt even snow that bad anymore maybe 2-5 times the whoel winter.

dont go with studs

especially for highway driving

they are good in the ice and snow, but if the pavement is dry or just wet (like most of the highways) you will have reduced traction because of the metal and increased noise.

keep a shovel in your trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back