Gsx-r 600 Or Yzf 600

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadha

Legacy Member
Should I get a GSX-R 600 1999 that has 15,000 km on it, lowered suspenpions for only 5,900$ or should I get a yamaha YZF 600 2001 which has only 2,000 km on it (no mods) which is 5,750$.

And by the way it's my first bike. I just passed my closed circuit test. any tips how to get the bike home or a good place to store it.

thanks guys

bike prices are very cheap now. I can't wait for next spring...

I think it's better to buy the bike now and then store it for the next 6 months.
Storage cost=31/month

hmmm prices are quite low...where have you got them ? Btw I'd take the R6 but it seems to be easy to wheel up...my friend just crashed today because of that... he downshifted and the bike did a backlip on him .... but it was an R1

anyways.. it's agood thing prices are going down.. I wanna buy one next spring !

Meme si Yamaha classe le yzf 600 dans les supersport, je trouve que son "look" correspond plus a une "sport touring".

Si tu recherche un look, une conduite et un comportement agressif;gsx-r 600. Si tu opte plutot pour le confort et au detriment de la performance; yzf 600.
:thumbsdow

Personellement, je prefere un "bike" a caractere plus agressif:bigup:...quelle que chose de VIOLENT:D

hey en passant, tout le monde me dit que le meilleur temps pour acheter une moto c'est maintenant a cause du prix, mais quelle sera la situation au printemps? Combien est ce que je peux m'attendre a payer au printemps une moto qui vaut disons 5000 maintenant?

Vas-y pour le GSX_R 600, tu vas avoir plus de fun avec sa que le YZF mais fait attention parce que c'est tres vite comme bike (j'ai un GSX-R 750 98 a injection modifie et j'utilise pas encore toute la puissance). C'est quoi les mods sur le 600 et a ce prix la, c'est vraimant pas chere alors fait attention pour etre sure qu'est c'est pas un bike accidente ou quelque chose de bizarre avec les numero de serie (le gars plante son bike, il est perte totale, le gars vole un bike, change les numero de serie et revend son bike vite pour pas se faire poigne par la police). Fait le inspecter si tu connais pas sa.

hrmmmm Gsx-r huh...... the question shouldn't be Gsx-r 600 or Yzf 600? it's more like are you ready for a Gsx-r? i highly doubt it considering that you have mentioned this is your going to be your first bike. Gsx-rs are quite powerful, not too great on balance and SMALL! Motorcycles are dangerous over all, we are talking about ones life here, one second your fine the next your dead. Do more research on streetbikes, check out sites, there are even past posts on the topic. I understand that they are beautiful looking bikes but if the experience is not there, then your in for trouble, i've lost several friends because they had the same mentality as you've got now, your looking more toward speed than your safety, which is not good at all. so i say learn more about the bikes, gain more experience you'll know when your ready to upgrade. If you are still interested in the 600cc bikes, i'd check out the Rice bikes (cbr 600) the Cbr 600 f4 are great starter bikes, handling is amazing and the comfort is good as well.
-Mixed Nature

I got the bikes from www.hebdo.net

I'll be riding a buell blast today at 5:30, I know it's not the thing.
But does anyone know how much will the bike be next spring.
It's like 5,900$

Cheap prices!
If the YZF is a R-6 go for it!
If it's just a simple YZF, go for the GSXR-600.
Two pretty fast bikes:cool:

Yep the GSX-R 600 is very fast but I don't understand what you mean about ballance though. I have a 98 GSX-R 750 and the ballance is really good, it's just that it's not forgiving to mistakes. If you use your head, you'll be fine with a 600 but if your a little mental, then go for something smaller (and way smaller than a F4 because their just as fast as a GSX-R 600!!). If you want somebody to ride with, let me know.:bigup:

It's not a R6 and I need to know if the bike has a good balance.
I was riding a suzuki savage 650cc (one cylinder) it's really not fast enough but handles great. The GSX-R 600 is 174kg and the savage is like 168kg so will the handling be similar?

and does anyone know where i could get AGV helmets and Arai helmets, not too far from montreal, I really don't wanna buy one from the internet cuz i have to try them on.

Originally posted by gadha
It's not a R6 and I need to know if the bike has a good balance.
I was riding a suzuki savage 650cc (one cylinder) it's really not fast enough but handles great. The GSX-R 600 is 174kg and the savage is like 168kg so will the handling be similar?

and does anyone know where i could get AGV helmets and Arai helmets, not too far from montreal, I really don't wanna buy one from the internet cuz i have to try them on.

The handle on the GSX is better but different than a savage 650!It's a sport bike and confort does not rhyme with sport bikes;)

For your helmet you can go to moto inter but they don't got good prices, you can also go to motosport Newman at ville Lasalle!

BTW if you want to have a cheaper helmet with a crazy air brush paint on it...PM me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back