SCP Good or bad???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not what I expected, I expected more, but there were definately some beautiful rides. The rest were just nice rides. No disrespect and all but they were like lafleur type cars. (again no offence), I just meant in the way that it's suppose to be a HUGE car show and I saw a lot of stock looking cars. Half of the cars taht had open hoods didn't even have turbo.

I still had fun though. No complaints:D

I think it was very badly organised, like it was done at the last minute. I dunno why they didn't take advantage proprely of all this space. Plus most of the shit I saw was esthetics and sound systems but hot, so very hot, models.

SCP

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, and we do monitor the boards for everyone's thoughts on the show so that we can make the necessary adjustments for next year. I suspect this thread has more to do about certain cars which didn't make it into the show when they might have signed up or had some sort of miscommunication with the person in charge of registering their car. Again, we appreciate ALL comments, including CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. Starting a thread because you faxed in your application late or didn't meet our pre-judging criteria is a little immature. Keep the comments coming so we can be better organized for you next year. THANK YOU ALL!!:bigup:

very well replied Pookie , if everybody could reply like you , the fighting on MR wouldn't exist , im going to SCP today, see everyone there , i'm sure it's going to be good , ciao !:bigup:

There were some nice cars but I must agree with what was said preveously, the space was really not taken advantage of... there was really no order so with all the people buzzing around it was x close to impossible to know where you were and what you had seen... I tried to go through the whole show but I am sure I missed a spot either in the middle, somewhere along the side or whatnot... furhter I still have a little headache from the mishmash of bass around the show... so much music coming from som many cars all at once, all playing "it's gettin' hot in here" out of sync...

But for the 15$ it was worth it IMO because the cars that were nice, were really nice, plus I got to capture 2 mullets on film!!! Good night's work!

Whats up I really enjoy the SCP shows but this year I was disappointed...the car show scene is no longer about the CARS but about how many booths you can fit in a little area, sorry guys I am a supporter for sure and I am not hating but wasn't the scene supposed to be about the cars them selfs not about how much stuff you can sell.:confused: :confused: :confused: There were kiosks there that had nothing to do with anything and some cars you said had to meet the judging criteria but I saw an accord like mine with an H22 engine swap and that was it. Montreal cars should be represented and respected more I KNOW this city has better cars than the ones at the show...quebec has cars in its blood. If you want an idea I was at a car show in London England and they had it on a soccer pitch with all the cars in long rows, one after another and they had the vendors around the edges this lets everyone get some exposure. Also the field was coolo but why not trying to expand around the outside of the stade olympic on the concrete that way no one gets left out. Great work but lets not forget why we are all really going to the shows...THE CARS and not vendors trucks and shitty company booths. Thanks...Rob:bigup:

Last edited:
Yeah..I totaly agree with T4. There were some trucks there that had nothing to do there....The big pirelli tire....what a loss of space... the pirelli truck also...and...imo...all the trucks and vendors there....Next year...try to invite some very nice cars...you can't expect all nice cars to go to shows by themselves.....like: why not invite a skyline from the states or something like that....

Why music+ took so much place?
some car was nice with a lot of small detail
but some.....i don't know how they get inside
it's not a parking spot
it's suppose to be one of the bigest show in Montreal and sometime there is nicer car at Julep or Lafleur and heaven inside the interior parking of the statium.
I hope that next year there organize the show more carefully.:confused: :(

i agree
there should be less trucks and giant blow up tires
and more cars

also so the little guys without a garage backing them can have a chance to shine

I didn't like this SCP!
last year was better!
but the best show I've saw was Car Fever at Napierville this summer!
I think that just anybody goes at SCP3!!
I saw some kids that weren't even close to get their drivers license!

and there were just too many little punks that just don't know what's invloved in modifying a car!

I was kinda angry seeing so many civics and integra!
yeah,. sure, those are nice cars but last year there were many more type of cars than this year!
and there were a lot less civics with the same bodykit!!!!

I hope that peapole will stop buying civics and start seeing that you can modify any car!

anyway, that's my point!

T4 hit it right on the head. I was disapointed with the show, last year u guys at SCP killed it, this year.........thats debatable. I only saw one S2000.there is one near my house with a full skirt and mags.....he shoulda entered. Montreal's finest were not in full force. Women coulda been better, there was some fine a$$ ones, but some :confused: I enjoyed it regardless, i was disapointed, it seemed to be more about the vendors than anything else, u guys should have expanded to the areas u did last year (example where the two NSX's were last year) with all the dry ice/smoke, giving it a club affect aswell as keeping it on the field.

Originally posted by Hey-G
Half of the cars taht had open hoods didn't even have turbo.

So now having a turbo is a pre-requisite to getting into a show and opening your hood?

I don't care about shows. I'm like 10 years too old to enjoy this kind of thing. I DO love cars, but it's 99.99% performance oriented. So take my opinion for what it's worth. BTW, I was there for business/promotion purposes...

I actually enjoyed quite a few cars there!

- The NCRA booth with the FASTEST compact in Canada was something.
- The little Miata that ran 11.70@127 was also interesting.
- The RX-7 in the same booth was also very well done (I'm talking under the hood here)
- The MBF booth was nice (turbo Corrado that ran 11's all summer long, not just once).
- The Supra (though a bit flashy for my tastes) seemed to have a killer setup, very well done.
- The rally cars (quite a bit of them weren't at Charlevoix and I got to learn why) were pretty interesting too!

There was quite a bit of impressive unassuming cars (read, not riced up junk) that were worth it. It seemed to me the promoters went far to bring some very interesting cars from abroad!

If you'd rather have local rice up crap, there's nothing special about it. Just go to Julep.

But I'm sure that I am not the target audience. If I kind of liked it, it probably was off for the average show goer. Too bad.

However, I do agree that it was impossible to find your way around. I would have missed some great cars if I didn't purposely looked for them.

I think it was by far the best show I ever saw in Quebec. I'd give it a 7 (I'd give all the other shows I have been to a 1 or a 0, so it's high praise). But then again, like I said, I'm not the target audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back