Champlain Bridge is DEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKY

Just back home from South Shore.....as of 3pm, Champlain bridge is blocked from direction DT to South Shore.....not sure what happen, but on my way back, I see cars stopped on the bridge and ppl came out from the car and chat with each other.....those who is not on the bridge yet....they making U turn to go back in 15 south....

Will post some pic later on.

http://www.radio-canada.ca/nouvelle...Montreal/2007/04/23/004-Champlain-Ferme.shtml

Le retour à la maison s'annonce très difficile dans la région montréalaise, où le pont Champlain est fermé dans les deux directions. Un individu, qui s'est rendu depuis, se trouvait dans la structure du pont.

Les policiers ont réussi à convaincre le forcené de descendre de sa position. Les motifs de son coup de force demeurent inconnus.

Les répercussions sur la circulation se font toutefois sentir sur le réseau routier montréalais. Des bouchons de circulation se sont formés sur l'ensemble des traversées vers la Rive-Sud. Seul le tunnel Louis-Hyppolite-Lafontaine demeure recommandable.

DSC00031.JPG

DSC00035.JPG

DSC00034.JPG

I WAS THERE, DIRECTION SOUTH! I WAS LIKE 20 FEET FROM THE POLICE ROAD BLOCK!

There was a guy that was trying to jump from the bridge. Weird, cuz he was strapped to a pole with a nylon thing and chain. Maybe he strapped himself for whatever unknown reasons.

A guy from around 40-50 years old, and he was screaming at the police not to come close, or he'll jump. He was looking down the bridge, every 2 minutes...

People were really tired to wait for him... We were stucked around 45 minutes...

I have a very different view of life than most people, I mean, if the guy wants to jump why would we stop him? He's obviously not happy and is/will eventually be a burden to society...let the poor guy jump if he wants to.

I have a very different view of life than most people, I mean, if the guy wants to jump why would we stop him? He's obviously not happy and is/will eventually be a burden to society...let the poor guy jump if he wants to.

The thing is that I don't think he really wanted to jump!
He wanted attention, that's why maybe he strapped himself to a pole on the bridge's structure... :dunno:

the police should have just let him jump... people that do this is a cry for attention
People like that should be put to jail for the rest of their lives and made to suffer, this way they'll jump and we'll have peace and quiet.
this way they will no longer endanger others lives and our taxes wont need to go and support his ass.

my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back