WELL..I sold my '69 Mach 1 Mustang :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLKGTSTANG

Legacy Member
I have not been in here lately but I've been busy with work and my now 2 1/2 year old daughter that is like the Tazmanian Devil! I made the HARD decision to part with my '69 Mach 428 SCJ last month after alot of thinking. I REALLY need a larger house AND garage so something had to go. I got a good offer on the car and it sold to a guy from Arkansas. I listed it on 428cobrajet.com and thats it..and had ALOT of people flood my email! I could have got home on ebay but I wanted someone to get it that was as interested as me and not rich. I'm still bummed out but I did buy another car to make myself feel a little better...I'll post pics of that later. It's a '88 GT with 39k miles on it. Here are some pics of my Mach 1 on it's voyage out..it was all in pieces so it took us along time getting it loaded!

69mach1and88gt010.jpg

69mach1and88gt016.jpg

69mach1and88gt015.jpg

69mach1and88gt024.jpg

damn hood thats sad :( selling it without suspension?

EDIT: those pictures of it leaving are very sad, reminds me of when I had to part out with my car. :( I wanted to cry when It was towed away and layed to rest. R.I.P Eazy E.

Atleast yours is going to have a good owner who's gonna take care of her!

ça vaut combien un projet comme ça dans l'état qu'il était? juste une échelle de prix, pas besoin de dire combien tu l'as vendu!

yeah a sad day for you .... But you decide to put your priority ahead and I think thats a good move. Who knows , maybe one day you are gonna get your car back or similar to this one.

Sad to see you had to get rid of it, but atleast it was to someone who deserved it, and for a good cause for you. Wish you good luck with your house hunting.

If you don't mind what did you sell it for? Pm me if you'd like Thanks! Always sucks to sell a project not completed, then again it sucks to sell it after you restored it just as much.

:(

at least it was for a good cause...you didnt really have any other choice!

if you dont mind me asking how much did you let her go for ?

I got $27,500 for it all apart, together and running/driving $55,000 easy since it is a rather rare car being as it is a 428 Super Cobra Jet which is a Cobra Jet with the Drag Pack. It's also desirable having the 4 spd tranny. The HUGE plus was that I had 90% of the original parts for the car. The interior was in awesome shape and ALL original except the carpet. I have some pics of it before it was taken apart on here...

www.fotki.com/fiveltrdave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back