New LS9 Engine!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twitch

Legacy Member
Looks like the Corvette ZR1 will be getting this engine.

1921196133634uz6.jpg

1196133634yi7.jpg

4311196133634ad3.jpg

This is it. Thanks to an anonymous tipster we have what appear to be the very first and clearest shots yet procured of the 2009 LS9 6.2-liter V8 engine powering the 2009 Corvette ZR1 -- something we weren't expecting to see until the Detroit Auto Show in January. But, since information yearns to be free -- and whoa, nelly, do these shots show off some serious information on what will be the most serious piece of weaponry in the General's quiver come next year -- here they are and here's what we know. Essentially what you're looking at is what appears to be a standard twin-screw-type supercharger mounted below a highly efficient air-to-water intercooler system. Now, we can't speculate if it's tied into the engine system or if it has an independent radiator system -- but we feel pretty confident all of this is a one-off, which means the General's running the show on every single horsepower above and beyond the stock horse output from the 6.2-liter V8 it all sits atop. Gearheads, your engine pr0n awaits in the photogallery below. While you check that out we're going to go and hide from GM's shock troopers. Hey, does anyone know the number for the witness protection program?

là GM abuse un peu avec le nom de leur moteur...

y'on skippé le LS3, LS4, LS5, LS8, pis déja y saute à LS9 !!!

come on !!!

(sick engine by the way)

can't wait to see that...isn't it an actual specs sheet somewhere??someone??

And what is the stock level of boost this engine is suppose to run??? Not to support but in the zr1 for example

là GM abuse un peu avec le nom de leur moteur...

y'on skippé le LS3, LS4, LS5, LS8, pis déja y saute à LS9 !!!

come on !!!

(sick engine by the way)

le LS3 et le LS4 existe deja
et le LS8 devrait etre le successeur du LS7

pour le LS9 ca devrait jouer entre 650-700hp
et on devrait le voir en version underrater dans la CTS-V et peut etre camaroSS

WTF, thay still cant get that power without a supercharger! come on!! ****in power adders! why cant thay take a page out of the euro engineers motor building books!, there all making great power with no power adders! you guys that watch top gear regularly can sympathize with me when clarkson was testing the viper SRT-8 and said, "if you give a European engineer 8000 cc's to work with, youl' get a damn sight more then 500 hp" he is so right thow you have to admit! even the damn viper is bigger in 08, use to be a 505 cid with 500hp now its a 510cid with help from Mclearen and 600 hp! now its a big V-tec V-10 sorry for the rant! it just pisses me off to see big power U.S. v8 engiens depending on poweradders for power!

WTF, thay still cant get that power without a supercharger! come on!! ****in power adders! why cant thay take a page out of the euro engineers motor building books!, there all making great power with no power adders! you guys that watch top gear regularly can sympathize with me when clarkson was testing the viper SRT-8 and said, "if you give a European engineer 8000 cc's to work with, youl' get a damn sight more then 500 hp" he is so right thow you have to admit! even the damn viper is bigger in 08, use to be a 505 cid with 500hp now its a 510cid with help from Mclearen and 600 hp! now its a big V-tec V-10 sorry for the rant! it just pisses me off to see big power U.S. v8 engiens depending on poweradders for power!

Just curious, what european naturally aspirated V8 is pushing 500+ hp? I can't think of one..

Je pense que j'ai pogné ma limite. J'adore la puissance et tout mais donnez moi cette Zr-1, je me tue en dedans de 24 heures.

I have heard the anti-SC bashing from GM guys forever about the Lightning, Cobra, GT500, and GT.

You can make the same power NA but it is easier with a SC.. PLUS you can get more power for MUCH less $$. It's alot less $$ to produce a forced induction motor than a high RPM/high HP motor.

Take a GT500....add a Kenne Bell SC, tune, exhaust and your making OVER 700RWHP.......try that with an NA motor....

All the US guys have made high HP NA motors before.

All Papito of BOSS 330 Racing runs NINES in an NA 5.4 modular powered FULL weight '96 Cobra. ALL FACTORY FORD parts were used, obviously port work, custom cams, etc. He just recently went to a full race 5spd tranny though.
launch06.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back