STi + Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Je ne trippes pas trop, le body est beau, mais c'est pas aussi cool qu'un aircooled qui fait des backfires de 4 pieds de long :D

Ca doit etre performant parcontre, excellent swap, sauf que pour un puriste comme moi c'est pas plaisant a voir.

at least, now it's chances of catching fire have gone down considerably...

:D

Great thread revival, useless comment.

Since you started it, I should just follow on then!

Might not catch fire, but the bug is still Mint... I wonder how many STis will still be around in 40 years!

If it was'nt for the whole engine internal rebuild / forged revamp, in some years from now, that engine would most probably have to be rebuilt like most of the Subarus Boxer engines found in the STi... just around the 100K Km mark.

Might not catch fire, but the bug is still Mint... I wonder how many STis will still be around in 40 years!

If it was'nt for the whole engine internal rebuild / forged revamp, in some years from now, that engine would most probably have to be rebuilt like most of the Subarus Boxer engines found in the STi... just around the 100K Km mark.

Le problème avec la Beetle, c'est qu'elle est l'icône d'un mode de vie et de génération... Pas la STI. Si la Beetle est encore en vie, c'est parce qu'on l'a conservé/revampé dans le but de préserver une idée. C'est juste pour ça qu'est encore là! :p

Je ne trippes pas trop, le body est beau, mais c'est pas aussi cool qu'un aircooled qui fait des backfires de 4 pieds de long :D

Ca doit etre performant parcontre, excellent swap, sauf que pour un puriste comme moi c'est pas plaisant a voir.

avec cette tune, ca ferait assez de backfire!

u got a source for that or are u just a subaru god? boxer engines are amazing, i can't believe VW hardly uses them anymore, with the exception of swaps like these. Don't go bashing subaru boxer engines, cause what do u think people like me drive during the winter....it sure as hell aint a fwd golf.

boxer engines, if treated properly, are some of the strongest, aswell as the most well balanced engines out there. If your so worried bout a "god like" engine breaking, go drive a honda, i heard the d-series hauls ass

u got a source for that or are u just a subaru god? boxer engines are amazing, i can't believe VW hardly uses them anymore, with the exception of swaps like these. Don't go bashing subaru boxer engines, cause what do u think people like me drive during the winter....it sure as hell aint a fwd golf.

boxer engines, if treated properly, are some of the strongest, aswell as the most well balanced engines out there. If your so worried bout a "god like" engine breaking, go drive a honda, i heard the d-series hauls ass

Did I bash THE boxer engine? NO! I bashed the ever so faithfull STi Boxer engine.

You said so yourself... boxer engines are amazing.......... if treated properly.

That is my point exactly, because god knows that the engine in most STis don't cut it if kept stock on the inside and played around with on the outside, because they're driven too hard.

:rolleyes:

oh jeez, the USDM STi engines are built quite differently than the JDM ones, not to mention the extra half litre of displacement. Everyone always bashes the american ones, saying that it needs to be built up more to take more power. Go on Nasioc, there are many engines pushing well over 350whp on stock internals. It isn't a 4g63 but it is still an amzing engine. The problem is, like every other engine, when people buy these cars they push them way to hard, and with the boxer design they forget.....oh wait these things sometimes burn oil...and hence the spun bearing from oil starvation/blown headgasket from pushing it too hard/bad maintenance. It is an engine, and it bugs me that people always bash the USDM STi engines. anyways, i hear where ur coming from, i guess i just took it wrong, either this thing musthaul huge ass!

oh jeez, the USDM STi engines are built quite differently than the JDM ones, not to mention the extra half litre of displacement. Everyone always bashes the american ones, saying that it needs to be built up more to take more power. Go on Nasioc, there are many engines pushing well over 350whp on stock internals. It isn't a 4g63 but it is still an amzing engine. The problem is, like every other engine, when people buy these cars they push them way to hard, and with the boxer design they forget.....oh wait these things sometimes burn oil...and hence the spun bearing from oil starvation/blown headgasket from pushing it too hard/bad maintenance. It is an engine, and it bugs me that people always bash the USDM STi engines. anyways, i hear where ur coming from, i guess i just took it wrong, either this thing musthaul huge ass!

I knew we could agree. Don't worry about it, I was just pulling the dude's leg.... and you caught on istead!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back