Can I put a bed next to a baseboard electric heater?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fromage

I'm moving and I pretty much need to put my bed in such a place where the headboard(made out of wood) would be touching an electric baseboard heater. Although I will have central air, I'm not sure if I will use the electric heater or not but will soon find out.

In any case, the head(or rather the headboard) of my bed will be up against a baseboard heater. I honestly couldn't care less about the headboard, however I do not want to wake up to my mattress catching on fire. Is it safe, relatively speaking, to have the bed touching against the heater?

dont.

Its just plain common sense, get an electrician to move it or something, but for petes sake dont place any obstruction directly on it or infront of it. Chances are nothing will happen, BUT better safe then sorry.

Well there's really no other way. I just want to minimize the chances, considering I have almost no other choice. The only choice I have is use the damn headboard or not, or fit the bed the other way, but that only leaves me with 26cm between my bed and the bathroom door.

As far as I know, electric heaters can't really be moved as they need to be located on an exterior wall or some shit. In any case, I'm not paying to have it moved. Worst comes to worst, I'll simply not use it. I have central air in the room, though not very effective in the winter(hence the baseboard heaters in the first place).

Leave it 3-4 inches away, obviously not touching it.. it never gets insanely hot unless you're a freak..

You could, this is a 6 inch baseboard heater? As long as there are a few inches between the metal fin on top of the heater and any surface you should be fine.

1077-2_INTRO.jpg

This is what we're talking about yes?

If you're still worried use a chaufferette type portable heater and disconnect the breaker to the baseboard.

If so, as per the following link, you should be able to have an electrician move it elsewhere, or simply.

http://www.rona.ca/webapp/wcs/store...1&parentAssetId=34,2&parentAssetId=6,3#116355

Dont listen to these people, I been having my bed infront of my electric heater for atleast 4 yrs now and nothing has happened. Even with the silk bed set nothing happens.

Now i don't turn the heater all the way up but i have put it on 25 and it's been fine.

I doubt the heat of a heater can set thick wood on fire .

Just make sure that your about half a foot away from the wall/baseboard unit and make sure that you don't leave the heat running 24/7 etc.

Take the required cautionary/safety steps so that you have nothing to worry about.

seriously anyone have ever heard of a house being caught on fire caused by the heater?

u guys talk like the heater is releasing 300 degree of blazin heat....

seriously anyone have ever heard of a house being caught on fire caused by the heater?

u guys talk like the heater is releasing 300 degree of blazin heat....

Well, it does but from the element inside it. Then the heat radiates through fins and finally to prevent any fires, there's a top shelf that acts like a shield. Normally it's not dangerous unless you place something flammable with a real low flashpoint directly on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back