taken from the tex and passing it on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Traction Issuez

Legacy Member
One of VWVortex's members has been diagnosed with cervical cancer and her insurance company won't be paying for it, She has a ton to deal with and how to pay for chemo shouldn't be on her list, so some guys who know her personally decided to start selling stickers and all the money goes to her. They're $5 which really isn't a lot but hopefully it adds up when the internet gets involved. I figure if I have the money to afford four cars I can afford $20 and two stamps I'm going to be sending out my money as soon as I find a couple envelopes, just figured I'd let you guys know about a great way to help somebody.

Anyway, a good friend of mine, Sarah, has recently been diagnosed with cervical cancer. She's my age, mid twenties, and has had a harrowing experience with the discovery and initial treatment of the cancer so far. She was diagnosed at her previous job, and, upon moving to california and getting started with her new insurance, filed for treatment. Of course, this means her new insurance carrier can deny her claim for chemo. Which they did. Sucks, right?

Sarah has done a lot of good work in her life, she's got good Karma(nn). She has worked in public schools now shouldering a load involving work with kids with speech and auditory disabilities, and gives and gives selflessly to those around her. She also helps with speech therapy, and took a second job working with mentally retarded adults to help train them to have real jobs.

What all this means, finally, is that you can get new "Rat-Stylz" stickers again, at $5 a pop, with all funds going straight to Sarah so that she can pay for her chemo.

so, join the old bandwagon, start the new one, or realize it's all about being good to people.

I'll be collecting money and taking orders, and will fill in more info as it comes. there will be random colors, but will probably start with turquiose and/or white, as those are the "colors" of cervical cancer.

Here's the list of distributors:
HOW TO GET STICKERS!!!

If you want to help out / want a sticker(s), send a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope to your closest distributor. Include $5 per sticker you want, cash or money order please. I say money order because if you want 5 or more stickers thats quite a bit of cash to risk through the postal service. Make the money orders out to Sarah Callard.

Once a week or 2 I will send a bulk check over to Sarah in Cali We are avoiding paypal cause we want as much of this to get to Sarah as possible. Screw paypal and their 3% cut I know that means a little more work for everybody but just keep in mind its worth the effort.

edit - at this time I cannot guarantee color availability, if you are looking for a specific color,include that with your SASE and I will try and accomodate. Otherwise im just gonna send random colors

LIST OF DISTRIBUTORS

Southern California

S. Callard
3100 Van Buren Blvd
Apt. 1125
Riverside, CA 92503

North East / New England

Pete MacAnanny
1101 Vine Street
Apartment A1
Liverpool NY 13088

Capital Area Distributor

Paul T. Kemp
11917 Lynn Crest Road
Monrovia, MD 21770

Capital Area Too

Ian Sylvester
1203 Waterton Ct.
Pasadena, MD 21122

Tri-State Area

Bryan McCarthy
8 Center Road
Oak Ridge, NJ 07438

Midwest

Alex Hemingway
103 N. University
West Lafayette, IN 47906

South East

Casey Kreher
3342 Cottonwood Lane
Snellville GA 30078

gayle bigham
5092 micaela way
duluth, ga 30096

Pacific Northwest Distributors

Shawn Walsh / Brett Kirk
4280 SW 86th St.
Portland OR 97225

Eastern Canada

Matt Bryanton
69 Lori-Dale ave
Charlottetown, PE, Canada
C1E 1P6

Thanks for all the support guys, im so excited that we can help Sarah in her time of need

and here's a picture of one of the stickers:
1-18-08%20002_w.jpg

why doesnt everyone just put the money together and send one envelope. tell them its from the montreal vw community. one big lump sum. they put everything together and done deal.

we just need to find some1 that will take care of it, and im not letting scott do it, hes gonna rob us:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back