Assurance/Insurance 2008. (Liste)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redline

Legacy Member
Meme, que l'année passé, j'ai simplement fait un copy/paste du thread de Daso l'année passé.

Same as last year, I simply copied/pasted Daso's thread from last year.

Ce thread sera l'endroit pour poster les # de telephone de compagnie ainsi que les prix que vous payez pour aider les gens pour 2008.

This thread will be the updated insurance thread for 2008. Please list your company with phone number and price your paying to help other users out.

Company: XXXXX
Phone: XXXXX
Bike: XXXX
Sex: XXXXX
Price: (if you want)
Coverage: XXXXXX

Discussions will be deleted in this thread, keep it as a list only.

Les discussions vont être éffacé dans ce thread, gardez-la comme une liste seulement.

Je viens de recevoir mon renouvellement. I just received my renewal.

Company: La Capitale
Bike: 2002 GSXR-750
Sex: M
Price: $552.36 tx inc. (including discount for: 10% - member of motodirect.net, 20% - anti-theft)
Coverage: 2Million Liability, $500 Deductible Fire/theft/vandalism, $10,000 Life/dismemberment, CAP Roadside Assistance.
Car and house insured with other company.

I'll be getting quotes elsewhere after the bike show to compare...

Last edited:
Cie: Belair Direct
Bike: R1 2004
Prix: 425$ / année 1 bord 500 000$ liability. 1348$ /année 1 bord feu/vol, je peux arreter le feu/vol pendant l'hiver donc pour 7 mois de feu vol cest genre 600$ de plus par ete.
Donc 1000$ environ pour 1 bord feu/vol par année

Tu dois avoir ton auto avec eux... 260/annee 1bord pour une corolla 96 LE.

Last edited:
CIE: ESSOR (ING)
Bike: Kawasaki ZX6R 636 2004
Prix: 190$ Responsabilite civile 1 bord 1000 000$ dommage pas feu ,ni vol, ni vandalisme

J'ai aussi un vehicule assure avec eux

Company: Fort Insurance (broker)
Phone: 514-481-0481
Bike: 2008 Triumph Street Triple
Price: $380/year
Coverage: full coverage, $250 deductible, $1000000 liability

Last edited:
Company: ssq
Bike: Z1000 2003
Price: 404$
Coverage: Responsabilité (2M$), feu, vol, vandalisme

Sold my gsxr, replaced it with a 2005 SV1000s :)

Company: Trudeau et Trudeau
Bike: 2005 SV1000s
Price: $298 tx inc. (including discount for anti-theft)
Coverage: $250 Deductible; All risks, COLLISION and Fire/theft/vandalism, Roadside Assistance, 2Million Liability
Car and house insured with different company. No claims or tickets in passed 5 yrs.

Last edited:
Company: Allstate
Bike: 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R
Price: ~$1050 tax incl.
Coverage: $250 deductible, $1,000,000 liability, 1 way with fire and theft

You need a car and/or house insured as well for Allstate, which my parents have.

Company: Desjardins assurance
Bike: Honda 600RR 2003
Price: $900
Coverage: Liability, theft, fire and vandalism

Note: you need to have car insured with them, and they dont insure anything above 750cc i believe.

Bike: 2001 KTM Duke 2
Price: 420 tx.in
Coverage: $250 deductible, $1,000,000 liability, 1 way with fire and theft, road side assistance. (First bike)

Bike: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR
Price: $800
Coverage: 1m Liability, theft, fire and vandalism

Have the car insured and house insured with them, but i get the feeling im getting ripped off guys. What do you think?

I have one theft and one total loss claim on my car insurance (ive had horrible luck). That shouldnt affect bike insurance should it?

Company: Jevco
Bike: Kawasaki Vulcan 800 Classic 2004
Price: 315 a 1200 $$
Coverage: 315 $$ (responsabilité civile seulement)
530 $$ 1 coter, feu/vol vandalisme, 1 million
1195 $$ Full Full Full.... !

et ... a 21 ans (mais la compagnie ne sera plus avec Asserpro l'an prochain donc... les prix vont changer...)

176 $ Responsabilité civile seulement
260 $ 1 coter, feu vol et vandalisme
570 $ Full ... !

eh voila.... !

Bike: 2005 Honda CBR 600RR
Price: $800
Coverage: 1m Liability, theft, fire and vandalism

Have the car insured and house insured with them, but i get the feeling im getting ripped off guys. What do you think?

I have one theft and one total loss claim on my car insurance (ive had horrible luck). That shouldnt affect bike insurance should it?

@ 29 years old, yes I feel you're getting ripped off.

Cie: J.A. Lemieux
Bike: Z1000 2005
Prix: 667$ tx in / 500$ déductible, tous risque, feu/vole/vandalisme, assistance routière. 2 000 000$ responsabilité civile

@ 29 years old, yes I feel you're getting ripped off.

Yeah I thought so. Im kind of stuck here though. I called up my insurance in a rush a saturday afternoon, some friends wanted to go for a ride so i figured ill get it insured on the road (it was insured on with my loft all winter). Chick on the phone threw 800 at me, didnt really think much but i just took it.

Didnt really negotiate much. yeah its stupid, thats what happens when ure dying to ride.

I was thinking of getting a viper alarm (i already have it, just need to install) and joining motodirect. maybe it will drop. what do you think?

it also depends on his driving record.

Well to be honest i am still an apprentice with the bike. Thats probably why its expensive right? or does lisence experience not change, only age?

In terms of my car lisence, i have nothing...no speeding tickets, one or 2 parkings, thats it. the only thing i have in terms of claims is the theft and total loss i got 2 years ago (car). that shouldnt affect my bike insurance though should it?

Viper : install pas ca si tu veut pas pousser pour le faire partir ;)

motodirect..c'est pas tout les assureur qui donne un rabais.

800$ pour une premiere année de moto 1bord feu-vol...c'est "normal"

I was thinking of getting a viper alarm (i already have it, just need to install) and joining motodirect. maybe it will drop. what do you think?

Having an alarm will give you a small credit on your insurance. Being a member of MotoDirect will give you a 10% reduction on your insurance if you're insured with La Capitale. Just take into account that it costs about $25 to become a member of motodirect.

Well to be honest i am still an apprentice with the bike. Thats probably why its expensive right? or does lisence experience not change, only age?

Being an apprentice will increase your insurance rate. Experience counts, as does age, and whether you are married or not, have kids, etc.

In terms of my car lisence, i have nothing...no speeding tickets, one or 2 parkings, thats it. the only thing i have in terms of claims is the theft and total loss i got 2 years ago (car). that shouldnt affect my bike insurance though should it?

Yes, ANY and ALL claims you have made in the last 3-6 years (depending on company) will count against you and increase your insurance rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back