Vw Cabrio, good car? pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delsolxxxsir

Legacy Member
I was looking at jetta's and golfs because i want a tdi, but nobody said I couldn't swap the engine in!

though about the corrado, but they are still in high demand, don't want to pay that much for an old car, for an all year round, plus it would be blasphemy to drive a corrado in winter :p

then I thought about the cabrio! and in black, it's not a as gay :p

but then I tried to find some nice modded ones and it seemed kinda hard...

nothing major, mags, drop, maybe front headlights and back changed (back may even just be smoked) and a lip kit or something...

The mounts would be the same as a jetta or golf right? So I'd be fine putting a tdi in it!

just hard to find manual transmissions on them..

so what do you guys think? good idea? or is the cabrio not reliable?

since it's based on the same platform, I'd guess it would be just as much as the golf or jetta...

what do you guys think?

oh and I'd drive it in winter too!

there has been a couple of very nice cabrio posted on the vw of the day thread have a hike in the 267 pages or wait til someone posts them

ok, but am I right saying that it's just as reliable as a jetta and golf, and if I need parts, They're interchangeable?

thank you

Yes it's practically the same...
You can drive it in winter no problem as the roof has 7 layers and the rear window is glass with a defroster.
Cabrios are also assembled in Germany...

My mom drives a 99.5 cabrio all-year long and she doesnt freezes at all in winter.

here's a little photoshop i did with it a long time ago:

CabMK4-04.jpg

Edit: just found this one too

CabMK4-05.jpg

Yes it's practically the same...
You can drive it in winter no problem as the roof has 7 layers and the rear window is glass with a defroster.
Cabrios are also assembled in Germany...

not all of them.
my 99 was built in Mexico and is dead reliable!

if you find a tdi engine out of a 97/98 A3 Tdi, then everything would be practically bolt on.

I'm waiting for a cheap TT to do a conversion ;)

that blue one is sick, but to put a jetta front, the one I'd find would have to have a smashed front to begin with :p I won't go into a lot of work! already put 16k+ in my crx cause i rebuilt it from scratch! and the body was already in mint shape!

won't go through that again!! :p

as for the engine, I don't think it'll be a problem

the main problem to me now is A finding a manual one!!! seams near impossible

B find one in black, as I don't want to paint the car

and C under 4k... blown engine would be best... front smashed too, anyway, I'll have to wait to find the one :p

I'll be selling my civic for it.

hmm no need to have front smash for a jetta front end .. you only need the hood the light and the grill .. that its thats all

Electrical roof, this is false.
My mom's cabby has: electrical windows, electrical mirrors, heated seats, cd changer in the back and that's it. It's a 99.5 so mk3.5, power roof is on EOS :)

ah! maybe US versions only? I am more than sure i saw that on a link! oh well, the fact remains, they are cheaper :p

It will be a daily car, a replacement for my civic if you will... So I don,t want to spend much more than what I'll get for the civic, so 5 k maybe 6 k if i'm lucky

I,d figure 3800 for the car and 1200 for the swap, there I am at 5k...

the main problem is really finding a black manual one!

i see man sub 4k, but all automatics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back