I guess I couldnt run forever.....(ticket inside)

Status
Not open for further replies.

patrickd_21

Yep it happened to me...about 30 min ago I was on my way home from school and i see the cops doing radar in the 30 zone up ahead...luckly i was only going 25ish but the guy in front of me was doing about 50...so as i approach they point to the guy speeding in front of me and tell him to pull over....

I was still about 25 meters from them so i clutched in...(BTW i pass by these two cops about once a week and they never look twice.)

But then today i got pointed at....and then told to pull over :( FUCK

so i pull over lol...The two cops start instecting my car...everything from head lights, tire wear, reflectors, to exhaust and my car being stripped..

so they start to talk to me ask me for my papers etc...They were really nice guys and i was being very polite with them the whole time...They told me that my car was VERY nice and that the only problem they had with it was with my 3 inch straight turbo back exhaust lol....

so they did their tests and of course it went in way to far. So i talked with the officers about the exhaust situation and police force downtown and they explained the law to me. We had a few laughs and they wanted to check out the engine setup i had lol...so i popped the hood and they were really impressed lol...they asked me all about the specs and what kind of racing i do with it too...It was really funny actually to have chill cops to deal with

They congragulated me on having a very nice car and a clean setup and then gave me my exhaust ticket:(

oh well you gotta pay to play but i just wanted to point out that if your nice with the cops and they will usually be nice back...these guys were particularilly chill and to be honest it made me alot less pissed to have gotten a fine lol...

anyways im changing my exhaust thursday for a turbo XL 3 inch exhaust so hopefully i will have more luck with that

You have to see the positive point out of this ( like I did )

1. You can continue driving low
2. You still have your boozt

The exhaust is something you knew, I know it's a pita, but at least your car is nice hahah

If you have a muffler that isn't obviously free flow (like an N1 style canister or those UGLY DTM angled tip thingies) how do they know if it's mesh or baffles??

If you have a muffler that isn't obviously free flow (like an N1 style canister or those UGLY DTM angled tip thingies) how do they know if it's mesh or baffles??

They don't necessarily, but one isn't necessarily more legal than the other, they can still give you a ticket for a baffled muffler, because it's still illegal if it's doesn't match OEM specs...

isn't an N1 style exhaust the definition of free flow?

When I see this I think of a big empty can

Megan_S13_N1Style_Exhaust.jpg

damn that gay. Anyone running modified cars with stock exhaust? what are the side effects to a stock exhaust anyways?

stock = more restrictive, more resistance = less performance = probably just as loud/quiet as aftermarket = lose/lose situation

Officially: if it's not OEM, it's illegal.

But, if the cop feels like it, everything is illegal.

OEM or OEM characteristics?

can't i just weld back on the stock exhaust tip or something? it will look stock at least.

The law i sso unclear that no one knows if what is legal or not anymore. It's pretty much however the cop feels that day. It's discusted in the CSR section.

OEM is fine on stock engine, but mods to the engine usually begin with the better flowing exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back