If you had to choose between...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spooky Neo

If you had to choose between one of these 3 bikes, which one would it be ?

- Suzuki GSX-R600
- Yamaha YZF-R6
- Honda CBR600

*All 2008 models.

And why is so ? It can be related to its look, performances or anything, I'm just wondering what people on MR are thinking about these 3 bikes :) I'm currently learning about motorcycles in order to get a license and a bike in a year or 2. I know these models will have change, but still, it's nice to see what people think about these bikes.

If you would like to suggest other bikes such as Kawasaki, Ducati or else, go ahead. But the reason of that topic is mostly to explain WHY you would choose the bike you chose.

For me, I don't have any choice I can make so far. I only saw and sit the GSX-R600 in real life and loved it. But the YZF is impressive in term of look and performances. As soon as I get a choice, I'll post why ;)

Cheers,

Neo

Last edited:
R6 for the track.

I dont know much about the other 2008 models... I love the new looks of the GSXR compared to the old ones. As for honda, if i remember i didnt like them.

I guess its gixxer for street...

R6 for the track.

I dont know much about the other 2008 models... I love the new looks of the GSXR compared to the old ones. As for honda, if i remember i didnt like them.

I guess its gixxer for street...

why would you rate the R6 for the track and GSXR for the street ?

not like the gsxr would be for the street, its just that the r6 2006+ is known to be a race oriented bike, it is still likely that the gsxr feel as race-ready as the r6 now, but i say it would be my bet for a 600cc street bike. Then again i hate high revvers, thats why i got a liter bike now.

I would definatly go with the R6 as first choice because of look and performance. I always liked the look, and then it evolved and looked even better.

I'd go for an R6 cuz im buying one in less than two months =]... look = amazing and performance side = like the competitors or almost... sorry for my english :/

600rr..ou gsxr.

handling le 600rr est le mieux...mais le gsxr est le meilleur bundle, performance, handling, confort.

mais aucun de ces bike est un bike de debutant!!!!

i rode the 2008 R6 its great.

i own a 2005 600RR and honestly thats the last generation of 600RRs that I like.

suzukis are also nice. havent riden one but i would imagine its along the lines of the R6. personally i would rather a suzuki over yamaha.

what's a Buccati :rofl:

sorry, Ducati ;)

my bad !

I went to see the R6 yesterday in a shop. On the side it looks good, but I don't like the headlights. The headlights of the R1 are way much better but the one on the R6 looks like "alien" to me. It's just not what I'm looking for :( Performances are supposed to be awesome on that bike thought.

Saw a Triumph 675...any thoughts ?

c'est comme un 750.

magasine un used sur lespac....conseil.

tu va le crisser a terre comme tout le monde avec son premier bike!

Ouais comme blackfly dis, prend celui que tu trouve le plus beau.

Anyway comme newbie tu sera pas capable de voir la différence sur la performance de chacun.

I've always loved the R6...its just a hot lookin bike, especially in blue! The new Gixxers are nice, and I find the Honda's kinda boring.

On the other hand, I've sat on the new R6...and the thing is TINY, and pretty uncomfortable, especially for the street. For the track, it would be perfect...but after 20 mins on that thing, I think I'd be in serious pain! The Gixxer felt a lot more comfortable to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back