ticket de vitesse sans radar ***CONTESTED AND I WON**** UPDATE PAGE 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkestfenix

once again, got a ticket. The joy of driving Honda's finest in beautiful Metallic Red.

Cop pulls me over while I was driving over speed limit.

Has no radar readings. Just says you were driving over 100km/h. (in 70 zone)

He says he was driving at 120km/h behind me. (which doesnt make any sense, i could be driving at 60km/h and he could be driving at 120km/h to catch up with me if our distances were great enough)

Gives me a ticket of 90km/h and 2 points and 160$.

Anything to do. Or do I shut my mouth and pay like every other ticket I've gotten once a month ever since I got my car?

With lots of love,
D-Fenix

PS: Best cop I've ever met. I've already gotten an exhaust ticket before paid, and he said he gives me a warning for this time. Good kid.

But I still dont want to pay. I pay enough taxes as is.

Vive le Québec.

Last edited:
the cops in Quebec are like mosquitos that make us live less comfortably and bite us often taking $$$$money money money$$$$. Yes we pay taxes but that gives no right for a cop to give a b.s. estimated speeding ticket for 90 when he said he followed you at 120. What is thats supposed to mean? Like you said he could be catching up to you over a long distance. I would say contest it and *edit*

Last edited by a moderator:
X2
When you contest a speeding ticket they put a small asterix to confirm that they were sure of your speed if that asterix doesn't appear then, as long as you have a good defense you should win. And i don't think a cop would put the asterix if it wasn't confirmed because i believe a read somewhere a cop can get suspended without pay for such a thing.

*Ce commentaire n'est pas basé sur des faits réels. A considérer comme une opinion. FF*

conteste le, et si c'est un délai déraisonnable pour la convocation à la cours, tu va gagner automatiquement, sinon, tu auras à le payer, d'apres ce que je peux voir, ça prend une éternité à MTL pour une convocation!!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is possible to give a speeding ticket based upon following a vehicle on a certain distance with the aid of the speedometer. It all depends on the technique that the officer used to verify your speed.

How about not speeding?
a 30 zone, you should go 30.
a 50 zone, you should not go over 55
a 70 zone, you should not go over 80.
and a 100 zone, you should not go over 120.

It's not the color that give the tickets... If it was, they would wite infraction: Car too red!

It is possible to give a speeding ticket based upon following a vehicle on a certain distance with the aid of the speedometer. It all depends on the technique that the officer used to verify your speed.

Cest quoi le "technique" qui aurait pu utiliser? Moi je lai vu venir, pi jetais deja a 80km/h qund il était en arrier de moi. Jai ma soeur qui est toujours entrain de regarder l'odomètre (cuz she always thinks im speeding :p and said I wasnt driving over 100km/h.)

tell me if what he says can actually stick in court?

AH OUI! pi en plus, il me dit qu'il a ecrit dans mon dossier que j'étais entrain de conduire a 120 et qu'il a rabaissé la vitesse et que si je contesté mon ticket et le juge me trouvé coupable, je pourrait être chargé le 120km/h a la place du 90km/h??? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

I smell Bulls*it?

It's not the color that give the tickets...

Not exactely but it helps in attracting the due attention ....like some chicks draw
men's eye without being particularly cute .....perhaps this officer loves red car but
he is jealous cause he can't afford one ....too many kids to feed ....how knows ....

Stealthvation is the way to go .....

Contest your speed ....it is not 100% clear ....was it 120 -90 - 70 ...raise doubt in the mind of your ennemy ....citation from Yamamoto the great admiral of the Japanese navy in WW2.

As for psychology : a small object will always look faster , see a 18 wheelers @ 70 and a small bright red car at the same speed ....this perception been proven in the field.
http://www.visualexpert.com/Resources/trainaccidents.html
People judge large objects as moving slower than smaller ones.

tell me if what he says can actually stick in court?

AH OUI! pi en plus, il me dit qu'il a ecrit dans mon dossier que j'étais entrain de conduire a 120 et qu'il a rabaissé la vitesse et que si je contesté mon ticket et le juge me trouvé coupable, je pourrait être chargé le 120km/h a la place du 90km/h??? :dunno::dunno::dunno:

I smell Bulls*it?

WTF ?!? sa sonne vraiment pas credible ca.. " Si tu fais chier, ca vas etre pire."

Belle mentalite de gang de rue/ bully ....

It's not the color that give the tickets...

Not exactely but it helps in attracting the due attention ....like some chicks draw
men's eye without being particularly cute .....perhaps this officer loves red car but
he is jealous cause he can't afford one ....too many kids to feed ....how knows ....

Stealthvation is the way to go .....

Contest your speed ....it is not 100% clear ....was it 120 -90 - 70 ...raise doubt in the mind of your ennemy ....citation from Yamamoto the great admiral of the Japanese navy in WW2.

As for psychology : a small object will always look faster , see a 18 wheelers @ 70 and a small bright red car at the same speed ....this perception been proven in the field.
http://www.visualexpert.com/Resources/trainaccidents.html
People judge large objects as moving slower than smaller ones.

la morale, speeder en van ou en 4x4

bah... moi je met le cruise control a 110km/h sur l'autoroute comme sa jai pas a checker tout partout pour des cops.

this happened to me i rented a hummer and on the highway i was in a 70 zone a cop rolled beside me and told me to pull off the highway anyways he said i was doing 92 kmh in a 70 zone cuz he was doing 80 and i was going faster than him i just paid it.

i dont mind paying. I dont want to lose my points. Ive lost enough points by cops pulling me over and saying "T'a fait ton arrêt mais t'a pas attendu deux secondes." Every single time I just said I'll pay, but i'm down to like 4-5 points left. and still got another year to go to get my other ones back.

Cest quoi le "technique" qui aurait pu utiliser? Moi je lai vu venir, pi jetais deja a 80km/h qund il était en arrier de moi. Jai ma soeur qui est toujours entrain de regarder l'odomètre (cuz she always thinks im speeding :p and said I wasnt driving over 100km/h.)

il a estimé, et apres il ta suivi, l'odometre d'un véhicule de police est certifié, et légal pour donné un constat... si tu as besoin je peux te sortir l'article,

bonne chance

I'm not using any witnesses. I dont need witnesses to prove myself the cop was incorrect. I have all my physics and math calculations in hand. (preuve scientifique)

And the cop has only his word and odometer.

I'll win.

j,aimerais bien savoir quel genre de preuves scientifique tu as pour prouvé que tu roulais pas aussi vite.... par curiosité....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back