Turbo test! WRX vs Ralliart vs MS3 vs Cobalt SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's talking about a Evo IX, so used car and it will run about the same price as these cars new

I would do the same thing

but if i had to choose a new one, it's between the Ralliart and the WRX, although i like the Cobalt, the AWDers are more practical in real world driving conditions.

huh..its not about the evo..its about the ralliart! ..the evo isnt the same price..it aint the same ballpark man..
an evo is 50k! we talking about car under 30k...

30K$ USD... The Evo is overpriced in Canada... The EVO X GSR is 32 000$USD. Check it out on autotrader.com

huh..its not about the evo..its about the ralliart! ..the evo isnt the same price..it aint the same ballpark man..
an evo is 50k! we talking about car under 30k...

Who cares about the prices, i would still think not stop thinking about the Evo everytime I drove the Ralliart and i would not stop thinking about the STi every time I drove the WRX. I couldn;t do it.

Who cares about the prices, i would still think not stop thinking about the Evo everytime I drove the Ralliart and i would not stop thinking about the STi every time I drove the WRX. I couldn;t do it.

I don't. I could've bought a used STI or Evo. Point is, I wanted something new with close to 0 kms.

What else is cool about the Cobalt SS? For its $23,510 as-tested price, it comes with forged-alloy wheels, 4-piston Brembo front brakes, a boost gauge and the ability to perform no-lift shifts via an algorithm in the engine controller

This feature is so cool!!!! Americans make nice cars now!

I don't. I could've bought a used STI or Evo. Point is, I wanted something new with close to 0 kms.

My comment about the evo IX was a seperate argument.

What I'm saying is that for an extra couple of thousand bucks you can get the real deal and I couldn't live with that on my mind.

agree with logik, i would hate to be next to the STi or the evo at the long red light if i had wrx or the ralliart. lol.

i would take the MS3.

My comment about the evo IX was a seperate argument.

What I'm saying is that for an extra couple of thousand bucks you can get the real deal and I couldn't live with that on my mind.

13,000$ isn't chump change. That was the price differential back in 2008 when I bought mine.

Now, it's 6000$ but the difference between an STI and a WRX265 is smaller. Again, not sure I'd spend the extra cash.

Same for the Ralliart vs Evo. For all we know, they're still stuck with the 13,000$ price difference.

They all suck. I rather buy an Evo IX for the same price as any of these and run circles around all of them.

The MS3 and SS are FWD so automatic fail and I could never drive the Ralliart or WRX because all I would ever think about is "if I had spent a little more, I could be driving an Evo or STi....."

x 1 000 000

13,000$ isn't chump change. That was the price differential back in 2008 when I bought mine.

Now, it's 6000$ but the difference between an STI and a WRX265 is smaller. Again, not sure I'd spend the extra cash.

Same for the Ralliart vs Evo. For all we know, they're still stuck with the 13,000$ price difference.

You are saying that the price difference between the 265 and the STi is less then 6k and you wouldn't upgrade? You seem to just be justifying your purchase to try not to regret it.

You are saying that the price difference between the 265 and the STi is less then 6k and you wouldn't upgrade? You seem to just be justifying your purchase to try not to regret it.

My purchase had a 13,000$ price differential under the STI, I don't need to justify it.

6k is a lot of money. Maybe for you 6k is one week's restaurant budget but for most people it's 2.5 months of gross income. Try to see things from other's perspective also not only your own.

You're gonna maybe say, well, 6k is nothing on a 5 year term.

Yeah, it's not much. But 120$/month(100+difference in taxes and interest) is just the difference in the cost of the car. Add difference in cost of gas, cost of insurance and cost of maintenance and it's a pretty big difference. If the monthly payment of the cheaper car is already at the maximum budget the person allocates to the car, well, that's it that's all....why go another almost 200$ over budget if the person doesn;t want and need too?

A good argument though, is resale value.

To me it seems that STIs have amazing resale value, much better than any other Impreza model. And i mean that procentage wise.

So after calculating extra costs involved by the STI, the projected resale value should also be taken into consideration. I wouldn;t be surprised if after all calculations done, the STI is a better value, especially now at 40k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back