Hankook RC01 Winter Tires

Status
Not open for further replies.

EdT

...is now available at Canadian Tire for a great price. It is not listed on any of Hankook's website yet, but I have asked them to send me the specs.

They are studable as well !

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/p...d=1408474396672407&subctgrid=1408474396672509

0031511_450_CC_v1_m56577569830955109.jpg

sounds perfectly right to me.

that looks identical to the kingstar w411, which is made by hankook but branded kingstar.

i ran that tire studded on my s14 and it lasted 3 winters (although the third winter was a little bit rough compared to the first two).

thats the best bang for the buck winter tire ive seen, it outperforms the yokohama ig20. if it suited my Rwd car for the winter, it should be more than enough for the majority of people on this site.

just went to canadien tire and the seller told me they are crap ( dont know if it is the same tires but they ar hankook) he said that the good years are better but they are selling for 95$ each and the hankook 65$ each

does anyone know if the seller is right

I had them on my 06 Jetta TDI for 2 winters (Kingstar W411), never got stuck and found them to be pretty good.

you can trust the canadian tire employee if you want. (has he used the hankooks on his own car? does he have experience with them?)

or you can trust the guy who works in the industry (NOT at canadian tire), who has experience running with those tires and vouched for them. save your money, get the hankooks, stud them. done.

above all, just make sure to get the narrowest winter tire available.

Well I wouldn't believe the canadian tire guy.

This is comming from someone who has worked at canadian tire before and talked with alot of the employes and came to the conclusion that they were all morons. :run:

just went to canadien tire and the seller told me they are crap ( dont know if it is the same tires but they ar hankook) he said that the good years are better but they are selling for 95$ each and the hankook 65$ each

Lol dont listen to that guy goodyear tires are pretty ordinary...What size are you looking to buy? You might want to get some quotes in shops on this website before you buy from them.

pk vous ahcetez vos tire dans les supercenter!!!! ????

buy them wherever they are cheapest.
supercenters buy in such large quantities that they get good discounts and often beat speedshop pricing. its just that supercenters dont usually have good products.

et il battre aussi les prix des p'tit mécano honette vendant a prix modique pour survive a la vague bleue et rouge... j'ai tj acheter mes pneu au garage ou jva pour tout mes réparation et entretien

LoL ...he is wrong !

Those tires he is proposing to you are Goodyear Nordics and they are not as good as the lower cost Hankooks which have more sipes for better traction on ice and slippery road conditions. Look at the high end Michelins and you will see why the Hankooks are better than the Nordics !

The majority of garages and dealers buy their tires from Canada Tire Cie, they have a huge warehouse and distribute the vast majority of tires in Montreal and Quebec. Big chain stores buy their tires directly from the manufacurers and eliminate the middle man, hence the better pricing !

i've been reading online reviews of the nordics and everyone seems to recommend them.

when i googled those hankooks it pointed me to this thread lol...

Je les ai achetés, y'on l'air 10x mieux que les Nordics et à ce prix la tu peux pas vraiment te tromper !

C'est exactement des Kingstar W411....

J'avais sa sur mon corolla clouté et sur le sunfire a ma blonde aussi.

Sa arrachait vraiment gros mais apres un hiver j'avais pu un osti de clou dessus!!

LoL ...he is wrong !

The majority of garages and dealers buy their tires from Canada Tire Cie, they have a huge warehouse and distribute the vast majority of tires in Montreal and Quebec. Big chain stores buy their tires directly from the manufacurers and eliminate the middle man, hence the better pricing !

Wrong!!

While Canada Tire is a major distributor for Hankook and Kingstar among others, and they do sell to many garages...they DO NOT represent the majority.

Ever hear of UNIPNEU? Now I am not saying they are the biggest, but with places like Touchette, Chartrand and Vimont under their banner...they are certainly among the biggest players in Quebec.

CTCie is just 1 among a bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back