F-in FIA - MTL looses F1

Status
Not open for further replies.
F1: Grand Prix du Canada 2009

(Presse canadienne)- Le Grand Prix du Canada ne figure pas dans le calendrier des courses de Formule 1 de 2009, qui a été publié mardi par la Fédération internationale de l'automobile.

Ce calendrier a été adopté à l'issue d'une réunion extraordinaire du Conseil mondial du sport automobile tenue à Paris.

Cette année, l'épreuve de Montréal avait été tenue le 8 juin. L'an prochain, un Grand Prix est prévu en Turquie le 7 juin. Aucune ville d'Amérique du Nord ne figure au calendrier de 2009.

Discuss

C'est ça qui arrive quand t'es pas foutu d'investir un peu pour arranger la piste (pour la rendre au moins acceptable), tu perds ton plus gros évènement touristique et économique de l'été. Bravo Montreal!

Are you ****ing kidding me? how did we lose the GP? Whats the reason? so drivers have a summer break? what a crock of shit.

Adding another middle east race too. Cause there really isn't enough $ already in F1?!!!
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the reason for dropping the Canadian GP in place of Abu Dhabi.
Fack just when I started having an interested in F1 we lose it. Good thing I ended up going this year. I had to sit all alone (free ticket in the hairpin 6th row) but I guess in the end it was worth it cuz who knows when the next time I could of saw a GP live.

c'est ça qui arrive quand t'es pas foutu d'investir un peu pour arranger la piste (pour la rendre au moins acceptable), tu perds ton plus gros évènement touristique et économique de l'été. Bravo montreal!

thats it...........ville de pauvre

This Sucks. I guess poor track conditions and the fact the the US race no longer exists means that there is no reason to come to NA......

Hopefuly they will bring it back..

this is the worst news ive heard in a long long time.

i thought the US lead invasion in Afghanistan & Iraq, 1000000+ dead iraqi's, the new financial crisis that will bring us into a new depression, and an impending world war with Russia and China were the last worst things i've heard in a long long time.

Criss qu'on a l'air colons. Les paddocks étaient trop petits et on le savait depuis longtemps. On n'a absolument rien fait pour ça. Même pas un petit croquis. Ajoutez à ça les problèmes d'asphalte des 2 dernières années et c'est ce que ça donne. C'est dommage, je crois que les pilotes aimaient bien la track ici et l'ambiance. C'est vraiment poche aussi pour beaucoup de restos, d'hotels et autres commerçants qui vont perdre une grosse partie de leurs revenus.

De toute l'année, c'était la semaine la plus cool à Mtl... :(

nascar? screw nascar. I don't want to see beer bellied rednecks walking around downtown, I want to see hot european chicks.

Ok, the GP has 30 years of history, only Monaco and Monza are more "historical". It brings about 150000 spectators every year, and hell, its one of the most popular events in the world, no other GP gets so much attention, not even British GP. WHY THE F*** do they drop it in favour of Middle east country where people do not give a flying F*** about the GP? They droped Austria, Imola, Jerez and many other GPs, but I never thought they will drop Canadian GP. It is one of the most loyal countries to F1, after GB probably...

Honestly, it's no surprise to me. The Montreal F1 heads deserve it. Did you guys not see the condition of the track!?! With all the big time $ supercars rolling around that weekend you think someone can pool together some money and upgrade the crappy road conditions at the track.

Honestly they deserve it and all bla bla bla, I agree. HOWEVER, the previous experience shows that once dropped, GP rarely brought back. SPA is an exception, they wanted a year off to repair the track. If I was sure we will have GP back in 2010 I would be loving it, a year off good for the track, a chance to go see GP in England or even Spain, it is good for one year. But we are in the middle of financial problems, so FIA would prefer to have Bahrain and Dubai (2 hours drive) than replacing it back with Canada....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back