Port and Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.

telram

Legacy Member
Hey All,
I just wanted to get some information about porting, polishing, and any other engine work that can result in some more HP. I have a 99 Prelude SH, and before I go Forced Induction I want to explore some engine mods that can give my ride some more juice. I also heard about something called milling, is this the same and the P&P? Also, are there any shops in mtl that specilize in this kind of work? Finally, what kind of performance gains can I expect from this and how much would it cost me?

If anyone has done this kind of work to their Honda I would love to get some feedback from them about this.

Thanks

Si tu veux rester N/A je peux te faire un port and polish au maximum, pour 700$.

Si tu veux allez Turbo, je peux te faire un porting petit-moyen.
pour 500$.

Un gain de 10-25hp. celon le porting.
Je planne également.

SLTuning@hotmail.com

I went down to TK today, I guess they were busy so they just told me that by doing the Stage II P&P I would gain anywhere from 85 to 100 HP. And it would drop my lude into the 13 secs.

They also said that for this kind of work it would cost anywhere from $2400 to $4600. Since it's so pricy, has anyone done any work there? What is the quality of their work and after sales support in case of problems?

Anymore insight into this would be helpfull.

Thanks

--BL Motorsports
Owner home Phone: 819-825-2324
Cell: 819-760-0614
Shop phone: 819-874-7373
Ask for Bill.

1000-1300$ Stage 4 P&P

Big Service, Good Price, Super quality.

:bigup:

ben voyons ca se peux pas gagner des hp comme ca voyons on parle dans un h22 on parle d'environ 25hp avec le stage 3 ou 4

COUTO

No way you'll get 85-100 HP on an H22A...unless he meant with all the bolt-ons+cams/etc.

I wouldn't go anywhere else than TKM though.

TKM has a flowbench.

Okay for your car, to gain maximum reliable power at minimum expenses.

Jetchip ECU.
ractive 4-2-1 header
stage 2 port work and 3-5 angle valve job.

This would gain you a good 30-40Whp.

Any more you have to change cams, pistons get the engine balanced.

Also Milling is shaving some metal off the head of the engine to increase compression in the cylinder.

Thanks Donald!

I'm also looking into getting the prelude type S pistons and valves, apparently this raises compression quite a bit too. Does anyone know how big of a job it is to change the pistons and rings?

Also, any one have any suggestions into how I can get the lude into the mid 13 secs? I would like to keep it NA but if this is not feasible then I'll look into turbo/supercharging the car.

well weight reduction is the easiest way. Tog et it into mid 13's in factory weight with your system in there it's gonna cost you.

Some 11.3:1 compression pistons port work,Inatake, header and exhaust, preslude type-S Valves and valve springs. new camshaft, lighter flywheel, adjustable cam gears, new programmable ECU (or Apex'i VAFC) and dyno-tuning.

That should get you into the low-mid 13's. easily.

As for changing the pistons. I don't know on the H22's if you have to pull the engine or if you can take out the crank by just emoving the oil pan.

Cheers
Donald

I said 85-100 hp with a full all out porting job and a fresh balanced, blueprinted ,and sleeved shortblock,and at 4600 that was with a Ferrea valvetrain kit.

As for all the others that don't have any experience in engine building please keep the silly comments out.

Just because you can't make hp doesn't mean no one else can't;)

All the heads or motors I've built win races and fastest over all at the Solo events and Tremblant,St-Croix,Sanair...etc!
Also 14 NHRA records along the way if thats not enough experience for you then I can't help you any more!

You get what you pay for because if you're looking for a price and don't care too much about going as fast or slower than before I have a phone # for a guy that charges 350 for a stage 3 porting job and also a guy at 450 but the heads flow worse than stock once they are ported but at least you can say you have a P&P head;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back