72 AMC Gremlin Factory V8 *RARE*

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxg765

Hello

It appears the time has come for me to part with one of my beloved toys. This is a VERY RARE model and even more rare to be found on the eastern north side of teh continent. This car was sold new in Quebec at AMC Thedford Mines Dealership of the time. I prefer it stays here in Quebec rather then go to the US thus I am trying this post. I will prob hate myself for this in the future....

This is the best and first year of the V8 models. It has the slim non chrome bumpers. In 1973 the bumpers became large and ugly due to federal crash laws.

100% Stock Minus muffler and tires
1972 Gremlin X package with Factory 304 V8 5.0L
Garage kept its entire life and never used in the winter
Rare Rust Free car through out
Rare Butter Scotch Gold Color with Black Gremlin X stripe package
VERY Rare original 3 Speed Manual
49K original miles with original engine
100% stock
Original wheels/rims
Have all books and papers from when sold new
Still has original space saver spare and air compressor canister plus tools
Not restored and runs perfect and smooth - no smoke
One owner car before me and I have the original bill of sale
Never offered for sale before, I bought it direct from the original owner
Was partially repainted in 1980, the Black stripes are still original with some cracking on them but I would leave it as is
Interior is near perfect with minor imperfections. One of the front seats has some cracking along the stitching which can be easily repaired. Again, I would not restore the seats leaving them original. Original carpet is near perfect and the dash is free of cracks and looking great with no fading. The headliner is like new.

The car has never been in an accident or rusted. The front driver fender was replaced in the first year of ownership at the AMCE dealership due to his neighbor having backed into it in 1972. Rather than repairing the minor dent since the car was new the owner chose to replace it with an original OEM fender so that the car would remain perfect and bondo free. No mechanicals were touched or worked on It was a bolt off and on job with some spot welds to match the factory way. Lots of regular maintenance work was done in March of 2008 thus the car really does not need anything. I have the invoice.

I have boxes of original "New Old Stock" parts that might company the car depending on the selling price. Items such as brakes, Air Filters, switches, and even a new set of pistons in the original box. The parts alone have a street value of $2000 according to the professional evaluator that I had evaluate the car last summer for insurance purposes. You don't even need to have one of those done, it will go with the car.

It is not a perfect concourse 100 point car as it is a non restored original example. It does not need any mechanical work and can be driven any distance without worry.

There are very few of these left and even fewer in stock un restored form with no rust. There are even fewer on the east coast if any.

I am considering offers but please don't waste your time or mine. I am not desperate or rushed to sell and I will not sell it for anything under the double digits so no offers under $11000 Canadian will be considered. Best reasonable offer will take it home. You can't buy one and restore it t this condition for that price and it still would never be all original if so. This car should not be modified and should remain as is. Its a great car that can be driven and enjoyed. Nothing to do, not even change the oil, all was has been done.

PM me if you are interested in more information. The pictures are taken within the last 12 months.

I do speak and am able to read basic french but my written is awful.

n3ro6v.jpg

wtd9vc.jpg

n4a80o.jpg

315enb9.jpg

2nkku8n.jpg

25tbyvo.jpg

16blurm.jpg

jaghs0.jpg

330937b.jpg

Thanks for looking

Regards

Max

Last edited:
wow bump for a rare and good looking car.......what kind of numbers do u get at the track......?!?! Just curious...

Track numbers

wow bump for a rare and good looking car.......what kind of numbers do u get at the track......?!?! Just curious...

I know this is the montrealracing.com web site but I have to admit this car has never been on a track or drag strip so I can't give you numbers. I know they are commonly used for drag but this example had been pampered its entire life. Its a garage queen with usage mainly on since sunny days. I have only owned it for just under a year and regretfully need to sell it.

I do know that standing still it gets lots of looks and intimidates lots of people.

Thanks

Regards

Max

Facture original

Bon jour a touts, Hello to all,

Bump for a great car with very good documented history from day one.

Poor un belle voiture avec un hstoire complete de premier jour.

Have original bill of sale as well.

Facture original. Cest ette pas $900 pour la voiture il avais un echange indique en coin gauche en bas.
Original bill of sale. The car was not $900. There was another Gremlin as trade in indicated on the bottom left. The $900 was the diff paid. I have the other tarde in contract as well stapled together.
10xax5j.jpg

Grande Service en 2008
Major service done in 2008.
aca9p3.jpg

This is a car to use and enjoy the way it is. No money is needed in repairs or servicing and its fully plated. Just drive it.
Merci.

Max

Last bump

Last bump and then it goes out of provence to Toronto or USA. This car has lived in Quebec since 1971, in needs to stay at home.

Why does everything go out of this provence?

Max

Last bump and then it goes out of provence to Toronto or USA. This car has lived in Quebec since 1971, in needs to stay at home.

Why does everything go out of this provence?

Max

because unfortunately most folks interested in cars like these are rare and can't afford them...

sad to say but good luck with sale...these cars will be missed!

Still available?

If your Gremlin is still up for sale would you be willing to sell it to someone living in Vancouver?

Sorry

If your Gremlin is still up for sale would you be willing to sell it to someone living in Vancouver?

Hello

I would have loved to sell it to anyone in Canada anywhere in Canada. The car was sold to a gentleman in VA, USA august 1st.

Thanks for your interest,

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back