Are you prepared?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_mg

I'm curious, everybody here went through the ice storm in 1998, we all lost electricity many times, a few of us probably got flooded before and a handful of us have seen tornadoes.

Do you have emergency food, water, backup heating, backup power?

Does anyone here have a bugout bag, a GHB a BOV or a BOL?

I'm just curious to see what the preparation level on MR is...

Do you have emergency food: No
Water: No
Backup heating: No
Backup power: No

Does anyone here have a bugout bag: Wtf?
A GHB: Wtf?
BOV: CR-Vs don't have turbos
BOL: Wtf?

I'm just curious to see what the preparation level on MR is: Non existant.

x2

That's my first assumption and it's probably right...

C'est comme sa que sa marche:bigup: Si ton voisin est super bien préparé et pas toi, t'as seulement besoin d'une arme et de quelques munitions.

Si tu sais que ton voisin est préparé c'est qu'il est pas assez préparé... Si il l'était non seulement tu le saurais pas mais en plus il serait bien armé.

C'est comme sa que sa marche:bigup: Si ton voisin est super bien préparé et pas toi, t'as seulement besoin d'une arme et de quelques munitions.

Ahahah c'est vraiment dommage qu'en cas de catastrophe, c'est la loi du plus fort qui fonctionne malheureusement.

That's my first assumption and it's probably right...

Si tu sais que ton voisin est préparé c'est qu'il est pas assez préparé... Si il l'était non seulement tu le saurais pas mais en plus il serait bien armé.

Oui mais je joue full au paintball fak ma le tuser avant i me tuse:run:

What's a BOV or BOL or that other thing? Maybe I have 'em but don't know the acronyms?

BOB: Bug out bag:
A backpack that stays stuffed with gear in case you need to leave the house.

BOV: "Bug out" vehicle
A vehicle capable of doing some off roading (I guess the CR-V fits the bill).

GHB: Get home bag
Think vehicle emergency kit (because most situations mean you stay home rather than leave it)

BOL: Bug Out location
A cabin in the woods far from the riots :D

BOB: Bug out bag:
A backpack that stays stuffed with gear in case you need to leave the house.

BOV: "Bug out" vehicle
A vehicle capable of doing some off roading (I guess the CR-V fits the bill).

GHB: Get home bag
Think vehicle emergency kit (because most situations mean you stay home rather than leave it)

BOL: Bug Out location
A cabin in the woods far from the riots :D

Hmmmmm.

I have an emergency kit in the CR-V with a few water bottles and some energy bar type things, plus an aluminum blanket thingy. And my uncle has a cottage in the townships.....

I give myself a 2.5/4 for this section :D

2 wood stoves and a 17KWt back up generator powered by a 1.6L GM LP gas engine

Plus you live in Hudson, so it's FarrrrrrrR from riots! :D You might just win the 'least likely to die in a catastrophic event' award *tu*

Last edited:
Plus you live in Hudson, so it's FarrrrrrrR from riots! :D You might just win the ';east likely to die in a catastrophic event' award *tu*

Actually I live on Mt.Rigaud and my power does go out often enough. A few weeks ago it went out for 24h. Once the winds pick up or freezing rain its all over.

Having a backup power source is the only way to go.

Montreal can claim what they want about wood burning stoves but I know that mine will heat the house enough that windows need to be opened. The trick is having one large stove in the basement so the heat rises then one smaller unit on the 1st floor to maintain the temperature. I can run my furnace at 60F but my actual house temperature is around 72F if the stoves have good heat and if I keep feeding them with wood... that is also free.

Must be cool living up there though! Nice and quiet when the wind isn't howling, yet, still close enough to the city.

(And central to some fine driving roads I would imagine...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back