What's wrong in these pics? (genesis related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly Hyundai engineered the car so that airbags would deploy only when seatbelts are put on... even on the driver's side too..

That is ridiculous, considering that airbags were developped to protect UNBELTED occupants (mostly, stupid americans that refuse to see that seatbelts save lives, at the price of a tiny amount of disconfort) in the first place.

That is why most airbag were overpowered when they were introduced in the market - they were designed to protect 50th percentile unbelted males. Normal dudes generate a lot of kinetic energy during a crash, so you need a big reaction (i.e. a bigger, stronger airbag) to stop their forward momentum. Obvious, that is not so much the case with children under 12, or little 92lbs grandmas weakened by osteoporosis that drive 4 in away from the steering wheel. In those cases, the reaction is disproportionate with the momentum, and fatality can (and often does) ensue.

Airbags have gotten better in the last decade, but still...

More hater food indeed.

... even if the driver airbag have deployed and even if the passenger won't if nobody was in the passenger seat.

Oh well.

I smell fail *td*

hyundai-genesis-coupe-1-accident.jpg

hyundai-genesis-coupe-6-accident.jpg

hyundai-genesis-coupe-11-accident.jpg

hyundai-genesis-coupe-10-accident.jpg

hyundai-genesis-coupe-7-accident.jpg

This is so OLD.

Airbag wont deploy if you dont pout on youre belt, its a Security measure to save live.

So stop calling FAIl when you dont know the Story

I don't think the airbags deployed. There was nobody in the passenger seat so the airbag wasn't activated. For the driver side, look at how the steering is crooked... with such an impact, it's normal that the cover of the airbag has opened a bit. All the controls around the airbag section opened too... And try to fold an airbag back in place. Try to do it almost as perfect as when it was still undeployed... If someone is able to do this I would like to see it...

Airbag wont deploy if you dont pout on youre belt, its a Security measure to save live.

When has this measure been implemented? It certainly wasn't like that 10-12 years ago. In fact, as I said before, airbags were designed to protect unbelted occupents (that is why they are so big in the first place).

Where do you put that beloved Tim Horton's coffee then, on your crotch!!:D

I don't drink coffee, but usually I have my girlfriend hold my drink. lol

If I have something cold, it goes in my crotch because I don't have AC so I need someway to cool me down. lol

Where do you put that beloved Tim Horton's coffee then, on your crotch!!:D

I dont drink coffee either.

Last time I had a drink in the car, it was in the semi cup holder:

DSC03362.jpg

(I have no idea what its purpose is honestly, most of the time I put screws in there lol)

it was big glass of slush. First stop sign after leaving the gaz station it slid out and spilled mostly onto the heavy duty rubber mats and some of it spilled on the console plastic and such.

Ever since then, no more liquids in the car, unless bottled or with those carton-cup-holder-things from Tim hortons/mcdonalds and sitting on the floor on the rubber mats.

Edit: I do the crotch holding with the bottle as well. Its good since I have no AC either.

Those pics where around for a good time, it was a preproduction cars and the airbag didnt deploy because the drivers didnt have is seatbelt ON.

On the other hand, the cabin box doesn't appear to have to deformed much, the rest of the car absorbed the impact... looks like solid engineering to me..?

When has this measure been implemented? It certainly wasn't like that 10-12 years ago. In fact, as I said before, airbags were designed to protect unbelted occupents (that is why they are so big in the first place).

Dans ma voiture si tu ne t'attaches pas et que tu es assis sur le banc, le air bag se desactive automatiquement. Ca flash dans le dash et dans le dash central pour le passager tout en emetant un avertissement sonore. Sensors dans les bancs, c est as simple as that.

this is old. it's a test car and they disabled the airbag for some reason.

all i can see is the immature haters trying hard once again.
just like the gtr, and now the genesis.
grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back