eBay: 150k for a 6 cylinder Camaro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Turbo lag....1000 hp sur un 3 litres, un moment donné ta plus ben ben le choix:dunno:

Vraiment beaucoup de travail en tk :bigup:

Very well done on the handy work and the fabrication.
Its different!!! Like everyone want to see today, with all the ''KILLER ENGINE SWAP''thread and all.....

What I don't get is WHY most for you say the Jap engine doesn't belong in a american car, BUT you would kill for a LS6 powered RX7?? :run::run::run:

To a V8 one day you will listen and learn, my young padawan.

V-8 sound, while quite nice, is so damn overrated, I put it in the same lot as:

- "VR6's never loose"
- "God's car is powered by an RB26"
- E30 M3s are THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE (caps necessary to convey the zealot nature of the statement)
- Hemi anything > All

To sound great, a V-8 has to rev like a motherfuker, which 95% of them do not, at least in your garden variety muscle car you see at shows all over North America.

Get over it guys. If this car had yet another fuking Stock-ZZ4-crate-motor-with-a-holley-carb-on-top, it would not have warranted any attention at all, since everybody and his dog are doing it.

V-8 sound, while quite nice, is so damn overrated, I put it in the same lot as:

- "VR6's never loose"
- "God's car is powered by an RB26"
- E30 M3s are THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE (caps necessary to convey the zealot nature of the statement)
- Hemi anything > All

To sound great, a V-8 has to rev like a motherfuker, which 95% of them do not, at least in your garden variety muscle car you see at shows all over North America.

Get over it guys. If this car had yet another fuking Stock-ZZ4-crate-motor-with-a-holley-carb-on-top, it would not have warranted any attention at all, since everybody and his dog are doing it.

The 1000hps+ has been owned by 4cyls already, so by your definition, this car sucks?

Slam in a zz572, put minimal work on it, live a little.

Total disgrace to icon car, why put this f'n jap engine when you can have a zz572 or a ls9 or a bad mofo 632 aluminium dart engine (pretty crazy, i know). The 2jz is a great engine without doubt but it has no place in a 67 camaro or any other Muscle Car.

Total disgrace to icon car, why put this f'n jap engine when you can have a zz572 or a ls9 or a bad mofo 632 aluminium dart engine (pretty crazy, i know). The 2jz is a great engine without doubt but it has no place in a 67 camaro or any other Muscle Car.

Don't be a hypocrite. If you saw this car on the road, or better yet, if you were driving it, you'd constantly be jizzing yourself. Just like any other member of mr

The 1000hps+ has been owned by 4cyls already, so by your definition, this car sucks?

Sorry, I just don't understand your question... :dunno:

In any case, I never told my "definition" of a car that does not suck, I just said that I think everybody seem to jump on the "American V-8s sound AWESOME" bandwagon a little (OK, a lot...) too easily.

American V-8s, generally speaking, tend to rev slowly, usually below 5500rpm. To me, a V-8, to sound great, has to rev harder than that, or (as I did not say before) have a wild ass cam to give it a really burbly idle. However, such cams are usually associated to hard revving engines (what would be the point otherwise?).

Also, I admire someone that tries to do things differently. Crate motors in restored muscle car will give you a very good driver, probably something I would want to own, but it does not make the car stand out from the lot, or remarkable in any way.

I haven't see your vid, Rambo (can't do it at work), but I will do so ASAP. Then I'll be able to judge whether your point is valid or not.

Don't be a hypocrite. If you saw this car on the road, or better yet, if you were driving it, you'd constantly be jizzing yourself. Just like any other member of mr

I would be jizzing in my pants if it had an Ls9 tuned by Livernois or Lingenfelter or a crazy carburated dart block idling rough and loud like a bunch of horny pussies in Cancun on spirng break:bigup:

LaTtOine, I would have expected by looking at your Avatar, that you of all people would understand the appeal of turbocharged 6 cylinders... ;)

LaTtOine, I would have expected by looking at your Avatar, that you of all people would understand the appeal of turbocharged 6 cylinders... ;)

Like i wrote before the 2jz is a great engine, i nearly bought an aristo twin turbo last year, but come on 150K for a camaro (iconic car) with a 2jz... nah it's not worth it, i mean it's nearly the same price as a Yenko Camaro wich is a real piece of Car history. I love turbo 6 but a 2jz doesn't have it's place under the hood of this 67, there's 2 many nice american/chevy injection crate engine outhere to built the ultimate modern hot rod and still keep the v8 aspects of the car.

Sorry, I just don't understand your question... :dunno:

In any case, I never told my "definition" of a car that does not suck, I just said that I think everybody seem to jump on the "American V-8s sound AWESOME" bandwagon a little (OK, a lot...) too easily.

American V-8s, generally speaking, tend to rev slowly, usually below 5500rpm. To me, a V-8, to sound great, has to rev harder than that, or (as I did not say before) have a wild ass cam to give it a really burbly idle. However, such cams are usually associated to hard revving engines (what would be the point otherwise?).

Also, I admire someone that tries to do things differently. Crate motors in restored muscle car will give you a very good driver, probably something I would want to own, but it does not make the car stand out from the lot, or remarkable in any way.

I haven't see your vid, Rambo (can't do it at work), but I will do so ASAP. Then I'll be able to judge whether your point is valid or not.

Well my first point was that a 1000hp 6cyl engine is not that special considering it has been done and surpassed on 4 cylinders before. So to the common, that car could have been great. To others, not so much.

Especially when you can make so much more with a V8, while investing so much less, and keeping a stable (and reliable) performance.

To sound great, i agree a jap car needs to rev high, but to me, a v8 doesn't need to over-rev. I just love a muscle car roaring, while it peels off asphalt and the nose wants to touch the sky...

let's agree to disagree then?

Think of it as an "Ode to a plain Jane 6 cylinder Camaro".

Hell, I think the I6 in the base Camaro was even OHC...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back