B&G or Koni...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitchbond

alright so heres my delmema... I have a 2002 sunfire... i need the shocks to be changed and i dont want regular OEM pieces.

So i came down to these two B&G Sport Suspension kit vs Koni Sport Suspension kit..

B&G priced at 540$
Koni 780$

I'm not really crazy about going all out on this car since it is my first... what should i do?

u should get the stock suspension, its just a sunfire! U will regret buying something expensive after

yeah i guess so, even if i drag it down the strip/track time to time to open it up lol
so if i pick up the KYB springs that are like 70$ each... they shouldnt really suck like... i wont feel every little bump right?

Those KYB Shocks are GR-2s, they are factory replacement, there is no performance advantage to them at all.

SPRINGS are going to Cost you around 300$ for a nice set. Although you can't lower your car on those. If you want to lower your vehicle, you will want to buy the Koni Sports (aka Koni Yellows)

so if i buy a set of KYB shocks... do they come with coils? or do i have to buy them separtly because what i wanted to do was get a set of KYB and add on H&R Springs to get a low of 1.5

Ur better to put OEM parts or buy used one, you will regret to put money on that car with the crappy 2200 SFI engine. At least if you had an Ecotec engine it will worth it but your car is 1 year too old for that :cry:

And I have a 1.8'' drop on stock shocks on my cavalier since last summer and it run great... so maybe you can save money and put some oem or used with cheap coils. You won't race with that car I think, your better to not :p, so fuck the performance on suspension ?

You Cut the Coils? Well i brought my car last time to the drag won one and lost the other lol.
but yeah my shocks right now are really finished every bumb is felt and bouncing like no tmr lol, My seal for my passanger strut broke so i got oil residue around the strut... so its time to change it... i was thinking like since i was changing them should i go for the performance or since its not that great of an engine go stock.

Wheres a good place to pick up OEM peices new? I'm fed up of getting used shit and the 4 months after warrenty they break lol.

lol, nice. My sunfire is the same color lol. But yeah I'm gonna check with my mechanic tmr to see what deals he can pull and see if i can get my suspension with decent coils tmr.

koni sports (yellow) is what i have on my civic and i love them. check out importrp.com they are cheap. I don't know if they will have for your car but check em out. PM if u have any questions on shipping and how to cut costs on that. I do it all the time with importrp.com
Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back