exhaust question ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nplaya9

i have just purchase an Magnaflow cat-back system 6 x 6 x 14 in. Muffler, 2.25 in. Tubing, 4 in. Tip, REAR EXI Stainless Steel Cat-Back System for my civic lx, then after i found out i could get a ticket but i already order it? has anyone got a ticket and won? i asked the cops and they said "Changing the muffler or any other component of the exhaust system.
The exhaust system must be solidly fixed, not leak and be designed for on-road use; it must not be noisier than the original."

what should i do put it on or sale it ?

dont worry the magnaflow are not that loud under 3500 rpm, i have one for my sir and i was scared at the beginning but cops go by me everyday and never did anything. Dont sell it

They're legal according to the SAAQ but illegal according to cops. So basically you're in for a load of bs if ever you get a ticket for it which you might. I have the same setup as you and I've only gotten one ticket for it so far, hopefully it'll be the last.

They're legal according to the SAAQ but illegal according to cops. So basically you're in for a load of bs if ever you get a ticket for it which you might. I have the same setup as you and I've only gotten one ticket for it so far, hopefully it'll be the last.

If it's legal with saaq u can contest it and win the case no?

If it's legal with saaq u can contest it and win the case no?

Lol, if only it were that simple. Check the "Code de la Securite Routier" section and you'll see a billion posts about exhaust tickets and how they contested them and all that. It's a huge pain in the ass to do.

make sure ure tip looks stock. Magnaflow has one and its cheap and sounds good. What does yours look like?

heres what mine looks like.

Hope this helps

2z6t82r.jpg

seriously i asked my friend that is a cop and he told me a car should stay stock everything you put on after that is illegal. Apparently thats what they say in the charts but they dont follow it to the letter, but like he told me if you get pull over and you have a modifie car and you act like a bitch with him he could give you a ticket for all kind of shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back