FS: Red 1992 GS-R #59, 70k kms (43.5k miles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

b17gsr

D7C_9739.jpg

D3C_0346.jpg

Time has come for me to sell my GS-R and move on to a different platform. I bought this gem from the original owner June 23rd 2006 to replace my first 92 GS-R that was totaled in an accident after 8 years of ownership.

This one had about 66,900kms (41600 miles) when I bought it in Waterloo, Ontario. The previous owner was a little old man that only insured it 3 months per year and kept it stored in a heated garage year round. He only drove it if the weather called for 0% of precipitation and was caught in the rain about 5 times in the 14 years he owned it. I got caught in a 5 minute drizzle this spring.

Other than him and the Acura tech that maintained it, I’m the only other person that has driven it (well, my wife that drove it around the block once). My daughter got to sit in the back seat three times. A far as I can tell, the Trunk has never been used. It’s simply amazing.

This GS-R just cracked 70,000kms (43500 miles). IMO, it belongs in a museum. The original red paint glows. Factory paint markings are still visible on most of the bolts (under hood, on the suspension, etc). I’d be surprised to find another one in similar condition, even the appraiser couldn’t find one 3 years ago.

The previous owner replaced the tires with the OEM spec rubber and the battery. I’ve since replaced the spark plugs, wires, cap & rotor, wiper inserts with Honda parts. I have the Honda water pump, timing belt and some gaskets waiting to be installed. It still has the original brakes, exhaust, etc…

Everything works on this GS-R. AC is ice cold, power windows work quickly, power antenna is flawless… It passed the emissions test this spring after replacing the O2 sensor (NTK with plug).

The car is located near Ottawa Ontario. Imperfections are pretty much limited to some stone chips and a small dent on the hood.

Most of the pictures date from the summer of 2006. But seeing as it’s spent 98% of it’s time in my heated garage, they still represent the condition of the car. If my work load permits, I'll take more this week.

0618_sml.jpg

0612_sml.jpg

0615_sml.jpg

0634_sml.jpg

0644_sml.jpg

595.jpg

604.jpg

609.jpg

More pictures can be found here: http://www.b17gsr.ca/red_GSR

My asking price is 12,500$ CDN with the timing belt and water pump installed. I'm not interested in trades.

Thanks for looking, and I hope the next owner will appreciate and take care of this Integra as much as I have.

Last edited:
omigawd thats clean u gotta love those da's!!!!!

good luck with the sale this is by far the cleanest gs-r da iv ever seeen n gawd knows iv looked around for a clean one!!!!!!

free bump for car that belongs in the honda museum!!!

WOW....... WOW....... thats all i can say what an amazing car 13000 is not enough, good luck with the sale. i been thru some clean GSRs aswell and they are the best cars ive owned to date. sorry u have to let her go ull regret it trust me. i did....... i am now looking for another GSR to build on but 13000 is to much for me, good luck. WOW..... this goes out to who ever is lucky enough to get their hands on this beautiful car. again good luck.

Don't get me wrong, your car is a mint condition, which is impressive for a 92. Now here is the problem, you're asking 12.5k for a 1992 integra. Not to take anything away from your vehicle, like I've already said, it's a beauty; but let's be realistic. Canadian black book value for a 70 000km 2000 GS-R is "Low: $5,900.00 High: $7,400.00". I can't even search for a 92...

For that money you can easily score a good condition rsx, a great condition mazda 3gt, and much more.

Anyways, I hope you find an enthusiast who feels like dishing out that kind of money, good luck.

I understand what you are saying, but using the black book to place a value on this GS-R is pointless. It was appraised 3 years ago for close to my asking price and my insurance policy uses that amount as a replacement value, not the black book value. The appraiser informed me that if I kept it in the same condition, the appraisal value would continue to increase.

I'm not the average Honda nut, and this Integra isn't for the average person either. Many Honda nuts and mechanics have seen this car, and all are baffled by it's condition. Especially one from Ontario! Every mechanic that has seen it has agreed that most 6 month old cars look beat up compared to this 17 year old Integra.

This is as close to buying a brand new Integra (any year) most will ever find, and likely be more reliable than a RSX or Mazda 3 GT for the same amount of money.

For the right person, this will be a dream come true. If I don't find that person soon, I'll hold on to it for another year.

I understand what you are saying, but using the black book to place a value on this GS-R is pointless. It was appraised 3 years ago for close to my asking price and my insurance policy uses that amount as a replacement value, not the black book value. The appraiser informed me that if I kept it in the same condition, the appraisal value would continue to increase.

I'm not the average Honda nut, and this Integra isn't for the average person either. Many Honda nuts and mechanics have seen this car, and all are baffled by it's condition. Especially one from Ontario! Every mechanic that has seen it has agreed that most 6 month old cars look beat up compared to this 17 year old Integra.

This is as close to buying a brand new Integra (any year) most will ever find, and likely be more reliable than a RSX or Mazda 3 GT for the same amount of money.

For the right person, this will be a dream come true. If I don't find that person soon, I'll hold on to it for another year.

If all this is true, then props to you and good luck. After all, the car is mint.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back